Status
Not open for further replies.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. well I dunno what to say... I guess wait for some other people to try it out and see how it works out for them. Mediafire says there's only been 6 downloads so far, so hopefully one of those people can confirm this bug if it exists.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't want to sound pushy or anything but can't you just test it yourself? ^ _ ^'
i don't think it's a rom problem because i tried two different rom and both ended up the same...

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've been able to replicate the problem. I do all of my testing with desmume which runs the game just fine(actually a ton better than no$ which has graphical errors). About the flash cart I can't really say though. Which one are you using? The game works perfectly on my R4 with ysmenu.

Edit: Whoops! I guess there was a CRC error for some reason that I guess desmume and R4's don't care about XD I've got this fixed and tossed up a new patch. Thanks for letting me know the exact error!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
cool, it works on no$
biggrin.gif
well, guess its time to try it on my cart
biggrin.gif
well, i guess this should be more than enuf for me, since items and monster are done, less guesswork for me
biggrin.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
works for me too but i'm a little disappointed in the fact that a lot of item description are still untranslated...
to the shiren wiki!

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tremendous stuff xvirus, patch works on the M3i Zero. Keep up the good work.
I played the hell out of the first Shiren on the DS, so any translation work on the sequel is very much appreciated.
smile.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ayup i've played the first 3 dungeon and it was awesome!
some thing you might have missed

- mage monster effect aren't translated... one halfed my attack and while the thing wasn't translated in the text log it appeared on my status screen,but another one used an effect that wasn't translated in both
- "look" and "put" command aren't translated for pots
- arrow give this weird problem where the game only tells you the number of them but not the kind,tough if you throw them the game tells you what kind of arrow they are
- should those minidemo hidden in the menu really be called secret? they are not really "secrets" wouldn't something like "demo" or "tips" work better?

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Magus: yeah, a lot of the in-game text is yet to be done, but thanks for letting me know about the pots and arrows, I'll try and see whats going on with those. As far as the "secrets" thing goes, I guess they could be called hints but I just went with the more literal translation. The Japanese for that option was 風来奥義(fuurai okugi) which would come out to something like Wanderer Secrets like its the secret knowledge of wanderer's to help you play good or something XD If you think that it'd make more sense to people as tips then its easy enough to change.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah i see... secrets only sounds kinda pointless but now that you put it in context it sounds neat!
if you can't do wanderer secret because is too long why not "travel secrets" ?

one thing i was wondering... what are you going to do for the blank scroll?
in case you don't know it's a scroll where you write the effect you want on it... since the input text is still in japanese wouldn't it cause problem?

some other stuff

- trip command for when you intentionaly step on a trap is untranslated
- i found a bettle shield and a ookabuto axe,it is from my understanding that they are basicaly the same kind so wouldn't it have made more sense to call the axe "bettle axe" or the shield "ookabuto shield" ?
- pekeji name is translated but not oryu
- there is an untranslated item,it's the rotten riceball

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again~ I'll try and get all of those things changed asap. As far as the blank scroll goes, I'm not sure that I'll be able to change that. I haven't found anything in the game that alludes to that and assume that what you can write on it is hard-coded into the game's programming.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if you can't change what you can write on the blank scroll why not put the kanji you need to get the right effect on the description like...

Sanctuary = 聖域の巻物

edit: wow the final boss is really giving me trouble... staff don't work on him,scroll don't work on him,thrown item don't work on him and even after 5 revival herb he still killed me and that's without counting that there is a follow up

edit 2: i think there are 2 untranslated riceball one is the rotten riceball the other,special riceball? blessed riceball? (edit: it's the huge riceball)
- eat command for meat is untranslated
- if you get blinded when you attack "someone" "someone" is untranslated
- there is an untranslated command in the menu of the warehouse... it should be quit but if it's quit then why it's only untranslated when you are inside the warehouse?

edit 3: i moved into the postgame stuff... some other stuff i found

- dog name is untranslated
- there is another untranslated item,it's a staff,i swung it and it made the enemy invisible... wiki doesn't seems to mention this item :wtf:

gabikun

Trophies
XP
Country
Good work! I've finished Shiren DS 2 but I would probably play it again if it's in English!
If you want some help, I have some japanese knowledge so I think I can attempt to translate the story.
About the Shiren DS 2 wiki stuff, it's not still complete. There are some missing items (like the invisibility staff and some special armbands).

adol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just to say thank you.
Even if I haven't downloaded and tried the patch yet (still have etrian odyssey to finish before), i'm looking at it with the biggest interest.

Good luck

Lady_Souvereign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, xvirus, thank you so much for getting this project started!

And Gabikun himself offered help!! I asked for a translation (see official translation request thread) and quoted Gabikun's excellent review of this magnificent game! The gods have listened.

My Japanese is useless but if I can help in any way, please count me in!!

You people are wonderful! I am so happy
bow.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i've finished all the optional story content too... i've reached the mamel dungeon,i've noticed you translated the name but on the screen that appears everytime you enter a new floor it says "111111111"

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, thanks for the menu translation, I loved the first Shiren, and am happy that you're translating the second.

I've been playing the second and one thing I've noticed is after you eat a rice ball, the game says "your hunger has increased instead of decreased. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

*Edited because it's Monday

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well your hunger does increase... the problem is that hunger shouldn't be called hunger but maybe something like "fullness"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work