hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Ultraman

Just found out about this a couple of days ago...The creative team behind Shin Godzilla/Godzilla Resurgence (Anno Hideaki/Shinji Higuchi/Shiro Sagisu) is back with a live-action remake of Ultraman. Coming Summer 2021. New release date is now May 13, 2022.

Judging from the Japanese trailer above, it seems they are taking the formula used in Shin Godzilla and applying it to the world of Ultraman.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly thrilled with purely CGI Ultra and kaiju, but still eager to see what Hideaki Anno does with it. This has to be a dream project for him afterall.

Reactions: hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not exactly thrilled with purely CGI Ultra and kaiju, but still eager to see what Hideaki Anno does with it. This has to be a dream project for him afterall.

I do agree though that the CGI shown in the trailer needs to be worked on further...Hopefully they still got time until release this summer.

What I'm really excited about, though, is not this movie, but rather what possible live action projects could come after this one from Hideaki Anno.
If this one is to become successful like Shin Godzilla did (at least in Japan), then I think the only logical next step for Anno would be to finally make that live action Evangelion movie people have been talking about for so long (Me being an Eva fan with fingers crossed).

hiroakihsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: AsPika2219

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1