Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey DS videos

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, four videos were released for the newly announced Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey DS game. And with a little help of Siliconera, we've got some overviews of what is happening in these videos. Have a look-

Trailer-

Mankind crossed the 7 billion mark, but the more they prosper, the harder the backlash is. Wars break out, pollution contaminates the environment, and poverty and famine run rampant. Suddenly, a wasteland, a land of destruction, appears over the Antarctic. A team comprised of selected members from various nations is sent to the place to investigate, and so a journey, checkered with many ups and downs, begins.

System 01 gameplay video-

Most of these features were already expounded in the other article, but some were elaborated. Of particular note are the four videos posted on the site. Two are of wandering in the dungeons, giving you all a sense of the first person point of view so characteristic to old Shin Megami Tensei games. Judging from these, it seems that battles are indeed random, but there are also special enemies that don’t generally appear in these usual ones. These carry rare items and have to be found using the Enemy Search option on the Demonica Suit. Also an option is the Gate Search, which allows you to find hidden doorways. On another note, the battle screen looks like it has the same format as Digimon Story, in which only the enemy monsters appear.

System 02 gameplay video-

The last new content on the site pertains to the nameless protagonist. The video mostly shows an introduction to Captain Gore and your name entry. Nothing really special, but don’t expect to only have four character slots in the English version, haha. The dialogue is the white text, while actions are the green. I wonder if there’ll be any indication on how well you’re doing with other characters, like in Persona?

Story and name entry-

Thanks very much to Siliconera for providing these overviews of the game. All italicized text above belongs to them. Looks like an interesting game. Gameplay reminds me of Etrian Odyssey due to the first person view. Keep an eye on this one.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/26/shin-...videos-surface/

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I want this game anymore. The gameplay seems rather boring unlike Devil Survivor. The music seems like they didn't put too much work into it. I may have to see more gameplay videos but as it stands, it doesn't look interesting anymore.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pshaw at all the nay-sayers.

I, for one, love the oldschool first-person dungeon-crawling Shin Megami Tensei games. L-O-V-E.
This game is like Etrian Odyssey with animated enemy sprites. It's sweetdiculous.
I was hoping there'd be a new SMT game that did things right.

No offense to Devil Survivor, I'm sure it's a nice game and all, but get that fucking tactical rpg shit out of my fpdungeoncrawlan games.

(whoo-hoo, dungeon crawling.)

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JDandy said:
Pshaw at all the nay-sayers.

I, for one, love the oldschool first-person dungeon-crawling Shin Megami Tensei games. L-O-V-E.
This game is like Etrian Odyssey with animated enemy sprites. It's sweetdiculous.
I was hoping there'd be a new SMT game that did things right.

No offense to Devil Survivor, I'm sure it's a nice game and all, but get that fucking tactical rpg shit out of my fpdungeoncrawlan games.

(whoo-hoo, dungeon crawling.)

Hell yeah.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting second thoughts on this game however it's modern and SMT, I expected a simple turn based modern RPG or a Tactical RPG, maybe some better gameplay videos will change my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-