Hacking Shin megami tensei 4

darkziosj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been wondering why no one have dumped the rom, it has some extra protection or something? it's been 2 months since release and yet nothing.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to the nature of these kinds of discussions, nobody will provide you with a link to the ROM. Try another forum maybe if you need a direct link.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To his point the according to the release list only the KOR region / Jap language rom has been dumped....it looks like Venom is on holiday or something as Animal Crossing, SMT4, the PS2 SMT remake, and ML Dream team all have not been dumped in the US.....I doubt SMT4 has any special protection as the US version even though it released Jul 17 actually still has the 4.5 update....I am sure we will see the released roms get caught up soon

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not enough scene groups have access to the 3DS rom dumper hardware. Relying on only one group (at the moment, VENOM) for releases can mean very long waiting periods. Not blaming VENOM, though. I'm very thankful for what they released. It would be a very good thing if the Gateway team would release a tool to use with their card, to allow rom dumping.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There was a thread for absolutely exactly this subject already. This forum really has the worst users ever.

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a working US Rom....but I can't post a link! Sorry...Nintendo has already taken down the file.

I can upload but I don't think it is allowed here.

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Aw man, this is getting increasingly difficult for me to get any games at this rate...
First I only get japanese version in Hong Kong... the 3DS (and every other console for that matter) is illegal in mainland china...
I manage to get my hand on a European 3DS... and now Atlus won't release games in europe. *sigh* should have picked a US 3DS... but then some games cannot be played with DS from different regions, locking me from all my european friends...

ARRRG, Nintendo... I really want to love you, but you're making this very hard for me.

At least, I think it is technically "not illegal" for me to download roms as their copyrights are not recognised by the Chinese state... if only I could find one. Most websites, torrents or direct download are blocked by the Great FireWall.
I got my gateway... now I need the roms. (funny how easy I can get a gateway here.)

Atlus, Nintendo and the Chinese Governement... all 3 stand between me and a great game :(

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you at least paste the NFO file / filename?

I think the guy is blowing smoke up your ass DRF......right now their are only a handful of groups doing dumps on the scene....Venom doing almost all the US, Abstakt for EU,and Kirin for Asia.....thats it. All their releases get posted on varous release lists immediately. So if one of the major dump groups did it we would know. I find it hard to believe that some obscure group is going to dump it, not tell anyone but this guy, and then it is so well known that Nintendo gets it yanked. I will check 'the usual places' for you because if anyone at all got it they will post it......so most likely just this guys trying to act like he has something no one else does......Otherwise smoke blowing dude....post the damned .nfo text (as their is nothing wrong with that) and let us see the release group and file name so we can search it out.

PS....here is another release list site that I like not as useful with the searchable information as the essh site but still a good refrence: http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?page=news

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I already own the game anyway, I just hate hard to find things so I was trying to help out the rest of you :P (Not to mention I could probably use it on my Gateway eventually if they ever get a multi-loader)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw man, this is getting increasingly difficult for me to get any games at this rate...
First I only get japanese version in Hong Kong... the 3DS (and every other console for that matter) is illegal in mainland china...
I manage to get my hand on a European 3DS... and now Atlus won't release games in europe. *sigh* should have picked a US 3DS... but then some games cannot be played with DS from different regions, locking me from all my european friends...

ARRRG, Nintendo... I really want to love you, but you're making this very hard for me.

At least, I think it is technically "not illegal" for me to download roms as their copyrights are not recognised by the Chinese state... if only I could find one. Most websites, torrents or direct download are blocked by the Great FireWall.
I got my gateway... now I need the roms. (funny how easy I can get a gateway here.)

Atlus, Nintendo and the Chinese Governement... all 3 stand between me and a great game :(

Just chill dude it will get dumped by the major US and EU groups before too long...sometimes they take breaks too or maybe just have other priorities...the dumps usually happen is mini waves so most likely that, the other SMT game, ML DTeam and a few others that aren't available in the US will get dumped all at once. If you have a Gateway their are plenty of releases to keep you busy and their are almost 400 things on the release list already dumped. Have you already played the SMT Devil Overclocked game for 3DS, or Kingdom Hearts, Etrian Oddesy, Tales of the Abyss, or Fire Emblem? All excellent rpg/srpg games that could keep you busy until the new SMT games get dumped.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I already own the game anyway, I just hate hard to find things so I was trying to help out the rest of you :P (Not to mention I could probably use it on my Gateway eventually if they ever get a multi-loader)

Yeah I do too, baught it at launch so I could get the custom version with the play guide and music CD. I have been too busy to undertake such a massive game so haven't even cracked the package. I was hoping to play it on gateway so I wouldn't have to open it (keep it for collectors value) plus I would rather play it on gateway for the save game portability and with the hope that we will get multirom before years end and then be able to carry it with other games.

Now I have been playing the crap out of Castlevania LOS and ML Dream on the gateway so if it hasn't been dumped by time I finish those then I will likely break the seal.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I bought mine as a download on my updated system so I could get the $30 promo credit. Not really a fan of game cards, that's why I'd prefer Gateway to having to carry around a bunch of game cards of games you can't download.

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just chill dude it will get dumped by the major US and EU groups before too long...sometimes they take breaks too or maybe just have other priorities...the dumps usually happen is mini waves so most likely that, the other SMT game, ML DTeam and a few others that aren't available in the US will get dumped all at once. If you have a Gateway their are plenty of releases to keep you busy and their are almost 400 things on the release list already dumped. Have you already played the SMT Devil Overclocked game for 3DS, or Kingdom Hearts, Etrian Oddesy, Tales of the Abyss, or Fire Emblem? All excellent rpg/srpg games that could keep you busy until the new SMT games get dumped.

thanks for the list. I already finished all of them except Etryan Odyssey since it was only released yesterday in europe. Now I'm contemplating if it's really worth 51$ (39€) as download or if I should import the retail box in a couple month after a price drop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1