Hacking Share your custom Hekate bootlogo thread

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So I am not exactly a Photoshop genius or anything but I found this really cool BOTW themed Bootlogo and decided to edit it a bit to suit my own needs and I think it looks nice enough post it here. I just added the line and the text that you see at the bottom. Also, if anyone has an idea for a cooler-looking font, please let me know. I thought about using the same Sheikah Alphabet you see in the image, but then no one would understand it XD.

splash.jpg

Credits for the original bootlogo image goes to NekoMichi and his original post can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-your-custom-hekate-bootlogo-thread.513033/page-3#post-8187227

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no logo at all. Custom boot logo is enabled. I inject hekate 4.2, and don't notice a splash screen. I launch CFW, and still don't see a splash screen (just txt as it applies patches and stuff, followed by the usual Nintendo boot screen).

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I see no logo at all. Custom boot logo is enabled. I inject hekate 4.2, and don't notice a splash screen. I launch CFW, and still don't see a splash screen (just txt as it applies patches and stuff, followed by the usual Nintendo boot screen).

If you are trying to get a Custom bootlogo working with Hekate, remember that the logo needs to be in .bmp format. Also, I am not entirely sure of this, but you might have to enable autoboot and select which profile you want to boot, eg. stock FW, CFW, nogc patch ect. This is because the logo might only show during autoboot, otherwise it is skipped entirely.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to get a Custom bootlogo working with Hekate, remember that the logo needs to be in .bmp format. Also, I am not entirely sure of this, but you might have to enable autoboot and select which profile you want to boot, eg. stock FW, CFW, nogc patch ect. This is because the logo might only show during autoboot, otherwise it is skipped entirely.
Well... that blows. Now I kind of wish it was set up like Luma where I could assign buttons for each payload, considering ReiNX and Lakka already have their own. I'd set autoboot to CFW.

There is also something wrong with the hekate BMP feature of the splashmaker.exe posted in this thread. I just realized that my viewer (ACDSee Pro) views the pre-made .bmp files with no issue at all. When I save a hekate bmp file... it basically comes up blank when viewed in ACDSee.

EDIT: Just tried again with autoboot, and it shows the splash. Thanks for the tip!
EDIT2: The bootlogo.bmp made with splashmaker also works. Still think it's strange that ACDSee doesn't view it correctly, while it views bootlogo.bmp files posted here with no problem. :blink:

Last edited by urherenow,

timxirish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, here's a tip for converting to the right BMP format. Use the latest version of GIMP (you may want to update if you haven't in a while) to save it as a 32-bit BMP (8A, 8R, 8G, 8B). It's imperative that you use the latest version, as older versions tend to mess up the colors when the image is actually loaded in Hekate. Anyway, fire up GIMP, load your image, make any changes you want, add an alpha channel if there isn't one already, then save as "bootlogo.bmp". A menu will pop up. Go to Advanced Settings, and select the 32-bit setting mentioned earlier.
Okay, cool. With a little bit of clarification, this really should be added to the first post.

Forgive me if others have already asked, but would you care to detail where exactly you can replicate what you did in Gimp for others unfamiliar with (yet willing to try) the program?

add an alpha channel if there isn't one already

Found it in the following menu:
Layer --> Transparency --> Add Alpha Channel

save it as a 32-bit BMP (8A, 8R, 8G, 8B)

(I think I) Found it in the following menu:
Image --> Precision --> 32 Bit Integer

Or should I have selected "32 Bit Floating Point"?

I also selected "Perceptual Gamma (sRGB)" in the 32 Bit Integer conversion dialog box. The only alternative is "Linear Light".

And is there anywhere I can confirm the image is, as you say, "8A, 8R, 8G, 8B"?

EDIT: I know my image is 8A, 8R, 8G, 8B now, but a way to verify the image properties would be helpful.

then save as "bootlogo.bmp". A menu will pop up. Go to Advanced Settings, and select the 32-bit setting mentioned earlier.

There is no advanced settings option within the save dialog of the macOS version of Gimp 2.10.8. Which version are you using, and what OS are you using?

Thanks in advance. Really would like to finally have a working bootlogo. I've tried online converters, Photoshop CC 2017, and a couple other apps with no luck.

EDIT: While there is no Advanced Settings option in macOS, if you go to File --> Export As... and expand "Select File Type", select "Windows BMP Image" then save as bootlogo.bmp, a dialog box pops up where you can select the "8A, 8R, 8G, 8B" under the 32 bit bitmap section.

Last edited by timxirish,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rotate left (720x1280 image, not 1280x720) and save as a 32-bit bitmap using something that can do so like GIMP or ImageMagick convert. Takes like two seconds.

That said, since it's so easy I just went ahead and did it.

Attachments

• Atmosphere-Splash.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 583
Reactions: M7L7NK7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill