Shantae 5 opening animation, featuring Studio Trigger

A new Shantae game is on the way, having been previously announced in March of this year. In order to build hype and tease Shantae 5, which is due out later in 2019, developer Wayforward collaborated with animation studio Trigger, in order to create a short opening animation for the game. Studio Trigger is known for having animated popular anime such as Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia, and their trademark artstyle can clearly be seen in the 30-second video. The animation is also accompanied by a vocal track, sung by Shantae's voice actress, Cristina Vee. We've yet to see any gameplay, but Wayforward has set up a good track record when it comes to the series, with previous entries Half-Genie Hero and Pirate's Curse. Shantae 5 will release on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Apple Arcade, in 2019.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the one hand, it's nice to know they're working on another Shantae game. On the other hand, that opening animation seemed incredibly pointless. *sigh* I presume useful information was cut for the big reveal, but then I'm not sure why bother? Hype, maybe? Because I think a few mock up screenshots would have worked just as well and been cheaper. :/

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aw man this looks so great but I wish it was longer.
I know animation takes a really long time and isn't budget friendly but still would be nice if this was around 2 minutes or so.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright, that indeed looks Trigger-like AF:rofl2: Really dislike the reworked song though, the earlier versions were much better! Also, don't know how to feel about Risky Boots coming back seeing how she's already been main antagonist or similar in all but 1 Shantae, but oh well, perhaps they will think up some interesting story instead of the corny "uncle's invention was stolen, go after her"...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doubt buying this game, only one I had fun with was Pirate's Curse. Please make better power ups or abilities, more fun to use and also more useful outside the intended situation. Is severely disappointing that some is very limited and boring to use.:blink:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Trigger too much, maybe I am biased but holy shit I love the animation.
*Looks at profile picture*

... Yeah, biased. I see. :ph34r:

I don't think I watched any of stuff from this studio, but is kinda awkward that is highly contrast the graphics in Half Genie hero. Makes me wonder what the graphics will be like this time, Cel Shade like Ark system works did with Dragon ball fighterZ? :unsure:

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They are aware most people won't have a clue about what the heck Shantae is, right? Unless is something like FF, Dragon Warrior or the Disgaea series, were almost every game has different characters and stories, I don't see people buying a sequel to a game they never played.

That's part of the reason why Spyro and Crash Bandicot got remakes of the first few games, because young people is unlikely to have played them or owned a Playstation.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
If you freeze almost any part of that video, it looks like terribly cheap animu.
Not very good animation and it's too madcap to make any sense.

I'm sure the game will be awesome though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP