'Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered' gets release date

shadows of the damned.jpg

The remastered version of Shadows of the Damned, the 2011 PS3/Xbox 360 action-adventure title developed by Goichi “Suda51” Suda-led Grasshopper Manufacture, is coming to current-gen platforms in a few months' time. Publisher NetEase Games has unveiled the launch date with a new trailer:

Shadows of the Damned is an action-adventure game taking place in a super-eccentric “Hell + rock & roll”-themed world, originally released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2011.

The game takes players on a wild ride with demon hunter Garcia Hotspur, as he kicks demon ass and makes his way through the darkest depths of Hell, lighting up the darkness with his burning passion on a mission to rescue his true love from an insidious demon king.

Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered expands the classic with a number of features:
  • New Costumes: In addition to Garcia’s iconic jacket, “Purple Reign”, there are now four new costumes to choose from: Placa Garcia, Ocho Corazones, Demonio Garcia and Kamikaze Garcia
  • Now includes New Game+ Mode: A feature requested since the original release, the Hella Remastered edition includes a New Game+ mode! This mode carries your weapons and upgrades over from your last playthrough into a new game, jam-packing those replays with hella power.
  • 60fps/4K Support: Hell has never looked so good. Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered lets you experience the game in silky-smooth 60 frames per second, as well as supporting resolutions up to 4K, allowing you to appreciate every bone fragment and blood splatter. Switch supports up to 30fps; 4K is supported on PS5 / Xbox X / Steam only.
Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered launches on PC via Steam, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this October 31st

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Very very excited for this. Loved this game and couldn't believe nothing was ever done with it!
There are some Remaster and / or sequel hints of this game in Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, so this has probably been in the works for a while. The original was also delisted in June 2020, quite abruptly in the middle of a summer sale, so I take there was some licensing shenanigans that needed settled.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a Halloween game. How can you not expect it to release in Fall?
Not what I said: I said I didn't expect THIS to be the Autumn of Suda/Grasshopper remasters plural. Because yes, I do think it's a pleasant surprise that were getting remasters/rereleases of two classic Grasshopper games so close to one another, between SotD and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Well-actuallying people doesn't make you seem clever, btw.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Not what I said: I said I didn't expect THIS to be the Autumn of Suda/Grasshopper remasters plural. Because yes, I do think it's a pleasant surprise that were getting remasters/rereleases of two classic Grasshopper games so close to one another, between SotD and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Well-actuallying people doesn't make you seem clever, btw.
Very different games. Perfectly normal to release them near each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: