Hacking ShadowNAND?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what after install when i boot without sd it say error not sd insered ?the goal are not using without ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I follow exactly the guide on github

luxandark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what after install when i boot without sd it say error not sd insered ?the goal are not using without ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I follow exactly the guide on github
Even after repeated warnings that it wasn't done, you still used it?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It not damage my console it always work with sd but when i press down on error message it shutdown

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
It cant be used without sd?
1) It'll look for arm9loaderhax.bin, and if it can't find, it'll show an actual error screen that tells you that you don't either have an SD in, or arm9loaderhax.bin in your SD.
2) If you hold DPAD_DOWN, it'll try to boot safe_mode.bin from your SD, which is a nice safety net that prevents a brick if you replace your stage2 with something.
Both of these things require an sd card. It boots arm9loaderhax from your sd card. It boots safe_mode.bin from your sd card. The only benefit of ShadowNAND at the time of me typing this is if you mess up your stage2, you can launch safe_mode.bin, again from your sd card.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Both of these things require an sd card. It boots arm9loaderhax from your sd card. It boots safe_mode.bin from your sd card. The only benefit of ShadowNAND at the time of me typing this is if you mess up your stage2, you can launch safe_mode.bin, again from your sd card.
where i can find safe_mode.bin?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's literally any a9lh payload that you rename to "safe_mode.bin". I use ctrbootmanager9 for example.
thanks so if it break a9LH i can use this for reinstalling the payloads ?on the futur it willl be possible launch shadownand without sd ?

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks so if it break a9LH i can use this for reinstalling the payloads ?on the futur it willl be possible launch shadownand without sd ?
When ShadowNAND is done, it will boot without SD, yes. And this will not keep you safe against breaking your A9LH. You still need to know what you're doing.

Reactions: laharl22

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
When ShadowNAND is done, it will boot without SD, yes. And this will not keep you safe against breaking your A9LH. You still need to know what you're doing.
So, I'm assuming ShadowNAND is pretty much unbrickable by the user unless they go ham on deleting their entire nand in godmode9, or putting their 3ds in a blender? Or am I wrong here, how would you break ShadowNAND?

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I'm assuming ShadowNAND is pretty much unbrickable by the user unless they go ham on deleting their entire nand in godmode9, or putting their 3ds in a blender?
Well, if they attempt to fiddle with a9lh installation, obviously it'll fuck up. It's a delicate thing, especially now that there are two "versions" of a9lh.
That's the whole reason why I forked safea9lhinstaller and made a very specific build for ShadowNAND.

As it stands, as long as you don't overwrite with stage1 or altstage2, you can recover by just pressing DPAD_DOWN and that saved me like 50 times now as I don't have hardmod.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Well, if they attempt to fiddle with a9lh installation, obviously it'll fuck up. It's a delicate thing, especially now that there are two "versions" of a9lh.
That's the whole reason why I forked safea9lhinstaller and made a very specific build for ShadowNAND.

As it stands, as long as you don't overwrite with stage1 or altstage2, you can recover by just pressing DPAD_DOWN and that saved me like 50 times now as I don't have hardmod.
Ah, okay. Is the installation process pretty much foolproof? I'm wondering if it has a higher chance of bricking, etc, by installing this. I just want to know if it will work as good as safea9lhinstaller. I'm really interested in this so far, even without the cfw launching without sd card. aka is it okay to install this right now, or will my 3ds combust if I install this xP

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, okay. Is the installation process pretty much foolproof? I'm wondering if it has a higher chance of bricking, etc, by installing this. I just want to know if it will work as good as safea9lhinstaller. I'm really interested in this so far, even without the cfw launching without sd card. aka is it okay to install this right now, or will my 3ds combust if I install this xP
It's okay to install as-is. Installation is the same as safea9lhinstaller but it has a few checks disabled, so proceed with caution. So far it has 0% brick chance (3 people installed fine :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag