Gaming Seventh dragon 2020 - Anyone familiar with this game engine?

Rintalie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Again with the same question, but this time it is about file container - data.dns

This one data file of this game contains all scripts and game related files and is encrypted with PGD. After the decryption, this file is essentially CPK archive with no header encryption and can be repacked like usual. But after the editing, is it possible to re-encrypt it back like before, or does it only works one-way ?

Some pics of this game.

7DG

And as always, this game also has font problem.

7DG

Well at least the game won't crash even the font is off-screen.

7DG

Each line can probably hold around up to 25 characters, still not enough based on sentence length average. The above dialogue has been trimmed or it would fall off the screen.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
cough cough...
yes it is possible to repack, though....

...you may want to wait for an official translation.
I wish you luck if this goes further. (but I really doubt it will)

I read your blog article on this matter....take note people, here speaks the voice of experience....

Rintalie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well because normally you would need different key for encryption/decryption (not repack). The key provided (possibly public key ?) can be used to decrypt but is it capable of encrypting as well ?

@About the translation:
I'm just playing around with the game archives and scripts. The umd with only one data file just caught my interest.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good luck with the translation, I've been playing this game for a while and it pretty good.
Btw, all (I think) skills, items and stuff have already been translated by someone.
If you ask them, can you use their translations to speed up the process?
Then, only the dialogue would have to be translated.

Rintalie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Good luck with the translation, I've been playing this game for a while and it pretty good.
Btw, all (I think) skills, items and stuff have already been translated by someone.
If you ask them, can you use their translations to speed up the process?
Then, only the dialogue would have to be translated.
where i can find the translated game? i cant fiind it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but unfortunately the only game I'm making translation patch for is Steins;Gate.

Also I'm not even sure if it is possible to re-encrypt the game archive back after repack. Even re-encryping this game is possible, the patch file size would be as large as the game itself, since archive encryption would make every byte different - even for a small bit changes, unless everyone wouldn't mind decrypting, patching and encrypting the game themselves.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never touched the game, but if i understood well you can decrypt but not encrypt.
If it's the problem you can put the decrypted archive in the game and with a simple ASM hack jump over tu decryption progress.
It was like this for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FM for example.
But i don't know if you have intwntion to bother so much! ;)

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wow...so happy to see people interested in translating the first game !!

* currently at the end of 7th Dragon 2020-II *

i would love to play through this game with English menus and item names.

keep up the great work everyone ^_^"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit