Hacking Settings get corrupted after every 2 restarts

TheHuntsman1177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. i currently have a FAT PS3 currently on REBUG 4.84 DEX (Spoofed to 4.86)

I have recently installed a new 500GB HDD i got from an old laptop (HDD should be fine)

every 2 or 3 restarts i get the following error

5Az8DH6

i only installed the CFW a week ago

I have tried restoring system files and rebuilding database.. but it does not fix things

Last edited by TheHuntsman1177,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly the nand chips are going out. the xregistry (system settings) is located on there with phats, not the hdd like with slims.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then, I suspect the hdd is the problem. get everything off there asap, then check the hdd for errors on the computer.

TheHuntsman1177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then, I suspect the hdd is the problem. get everything off there asap, then check the hdd for errors on the computer.
Hm, it would make sense to be the HDD i guess, i will take the HDD out asap, im not bothered about losing anything as i dont have much on it since it was a new install

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

quick question, when i put the hdd in my pc to fix errors, should i format the hdd on the ps3 or just format it when i plug it in?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there's a way to check it on the system, but if you plug it into a computer, it'll ask you to initialize the disk. this will make it no longer readable by the ps3, but there are ways around it. 3141card knows how to do this. he's a dev in the ps3 scene, and he's on psx place from time to time. I always suggest people talk with him with initializing the hdd, because you have to essentially clone the disk while writing the first sector or sectors of the ps3's hdd afterwards. I have a feeling that might fail though if something is wrong with the hard drive though. if it were me and I didn't care about losing anything, I'd do that. you may want to wait for other replies on psx place though, cuz I could be forgetting something. I haven't messed with the ps3 for years, so my memory is a little hazy. though, I've never encountered the issue you mentioned, but it does sound like a hard drive problem to me at first glance.

TheHuntsman1177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there's a way to check it on the system, but if you plug it into a computer, it'll ask you to initialize the disk. this will make it no longer readable by the ps3, but there are ways around it. 3141card knows how to do this. he's a dev in the ps3 scene, and he's on psx place from time to time. I always suggest people talk with him with initializing the hdd, because you have to essentially clone the disk while writing the first sector or sectors of the ps3's hdd afterwards. I have a feeling that might fail though if something is wrong with the hard drive though. if it were me and I didn't care about losing anything, I'd do that. you may want to wait for other replies on psx place though, cuz I could be forgetting something. I haven't messed with the ps3 for years, so my memory is a little hazy. though, I've never encountered the issue you mentioned, but it does sound like a hard drive problem to me at first glance.
okay thanks for the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s