Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, last night i had enough time to do some testing

everything worked fine, as expected. the usb loader issue was solved by simply deleting a .DOL file from the root of the SD card, and now the app launches directly from the wii menu.

the wii backup manager is intuitive and the games that i tested worked too

next step is to do some reading and see if i install wiiflow, sneek and nintendont. (not gonna bother you here in this topic about it)

but, as usual, i have some questions:

1. i saw that in case of a brick situation you can start priiloader by pressing reset. i instaled the app but it doesnt turn the console on if i press select. did i made something wrong?

2. i want to delete neogamma and loadmii, they are really outdated and usb loader gx do they job, but both of then doesnt appear in the homebrew channel cause they are not in the /apps folder. do you guys know some way to safely delete then or i just have to plug the sd on a pc and delete the files manually? (im will not delete anything before i make priiloader works correctly)

thanks for everything.

Last edited by orloff,

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm very much a noob at this am and wondering if this tool might help me to ensure my Wii is modded 'right'? I modded my Wii last month for the first time ever, and some things are working well but some are not... I tried following a few guides but they were all different and I'm not entirely sure if I've made a mess of it or not; I wish I had found this tool before I started!

My basic question is this: can this tool be used to 'correct' a modded system that has been done badly?

Additional background info (if it's useful):

- Priiloader is installed
- I can now play backups from the disc drive, although after a few plays the disc eventually stops working (not sure if this is a problem with the DVDs or not), this has happened with every game so far (although some didn't even work from the beginning)
- I used a 1GB SD card for the initial exploit. After hacking, I bought a 16GB SD card but didn't copy any files over from the 1GB card
- I have various emulators working from the 16GB SD card without any problems
- I then bought a 64GB flash drive for playing wbfs files through USB Loader GX, but have had mixed results using a small batch of test games
- USB Loader GX usually goes to a black screen when starting a game. Occasionally the game loads after a few seconds but usually the Wii remains unresponsive and has to be powered down. Sometimes the games just work straight away (no black screen at all), but more often than not I get the black screen (on the very same games)

I've pretty much given up on the discs, but I cannot work out why USB Loader GX gives me such inconsistent results. Perhaps it's due to using flash memory rather than a HDD...

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can easily generate a syscheck and drop it into ModMii and it will give you the wads files that needs to be updated.

Please also feel free to post the sysCheck here, so we can know what its outdated, this in case you want an opinion, however, modmii can do that for you ;D

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can easily generate a syscheck and drop it into ModMii and it will give you the wads files that needs to be updated.

Please also feel free to post the sysCheck here, so we can know what its outdated, this in case you want an opinion, however, modmii can do that for you ;D
I'll give that a go, thanks!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated Version to 4.0:
Changelog:
  • Optimized Code
  • Cleaned GUI
  • Integrate a Warning Screen
  • Added Glossary
  • Added section 3.1
Please feel free to suggest features or things you would like to see here ;D

Reactions: cvskid

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been wanting to buy a Wii and mod it but it always sounded bit way too much time-taking. This will be definetly awesome.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I jsmust stick my sd card, run this marvelous piece of programing and choose to update?
No sir, its a PC program, download it and follow the instructions ;D

I've been wanting to buy a Wii and mod it but it always sounded bit way too much time-taking. This will be definetly awesome.
Indeed, its pretty much an AIO.

orloff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just passing to say thanks to greywolf and scarletdreamz for all the help and to recommend SetMiiUp for everyone.

SetMiiUP is perfect for noobies and if you follow whats on screen is completely fool proof, doesnt matter if you already softmoded your console before or not.

i have to recognize that when i saw it for the first time i was a little skeptical ("it cant be that easy"), mostly because i had a old, parcial and glitchy mod on the console, but by following the steps of the program everything turned to be ridiculously easy, and like i said before, if i can do it, everyone can.

we all know that some foruns/people thinks that "hacks" need to be some kind of difficult to repel noobies and they frequently asked questions (will it work on a wii with an old mod, lol), so i really thank you scarlet for this software and to make things simple for people like me.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
20170424_111249-1.jpg

When I try to use homebrew browser I get this masterpiece

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users