Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

jengablock15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, this seems really cool but I have a few questions:

1. I found my old Wii and I wanted to get it pimped up (experience with DS and 3DS) but I still can't find the controller, will I need to use the remote anytime during the process?

2. After I get the softmod done do I just follow steps to install stuff like USB Loader GX as if I had just softmodded the conventional way?

3. Will a 512mb SD card work? (I found one from when I was 7 or something...)

Last edited by jengablock15,

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to download a USB loader, then put your games into the WBFS folder, the drive must be FAT23.
well i followed everything but after following step 4 it says "Final Status - 15 did not complete".... what could be the problem, and what does this mean?

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What its giving you the "Final Status - 15 did not complete"? can you provide a screenshoot?
yeah.. anyways am on the way for work.. so i cant continue modding my wii until after work.. later ill provide a screenshot.. anyways, i tried running a game thu usb loader it did not work so i guess i did something wrong.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. anyways am on the way for work.. so i cant continue modding my wii until after work.. later ill provide a screenshot.. anyways, i tried running a game thu usb loader it did not work so i guess i did something wrong.
Indeed, you did something wrong, the guide its very user friendly, it really gets to me that being so simple, newbies do screw up in some part O:

Its just:

Generate Exploit -> Install Homebrew Channel -> Run SysCheck -> Generate Report -> Drag And Drop report to ModMii -> Generate Cios -> Install Cios using MMM -> Profit!

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, you did something wrong, the guide its very user friendly, it really gets to me that being so simple, newbies do screw up in some part O:

Its just:

Generate Exploit -> Install Homebrew Channel -> Run SysCheck -> Generate Report -> Drag And Drop report to ModMii -> Generate Cios -> Install Cios using MMM -> Profit!

this is exactly what i did.. maybe ill start over at run syscheck... did any one encounter this same problem before?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its just:

If I may ask... after installing the Cios.... what will the final message should be? I was wondering maybe the modmii did not download everything on the syscheck report or maybe the syscheck report is wrong???

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is exactly what i did.. maybe ill start over at run syscheck... did any one encounter this same problem before?
No one have reported, if you see, everybody followed the guide and they got their wii softmodded.

If I may ask... after installing the Cios.... what will the final message should be? I was wondering maybe the modmii did not download everything on the syscheck report or maybe the syscheck report is wrong???
ModMii will download your required items, please generate a new syscheck and paste it here.

Also, the final message should be something like "All items installed correctly" or something like that.

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one have reported, if you see, everybody followed the guide and they got their wii softmodded.

ModMii will download your required items, please generate a new syscheck and paste it here.

Also, the final message should be something like "All items installed correctly" or something like that.

OK..will try to generate a syscheck and will paste it here in this thread! tnx!

Also..what format should the game be so that i can play them using usb loader? and how should i place them in my usb? same question for gamecube games! :D

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK..will try to generate a syscheck and will paste it here in this thread! tnx!

Also..what format should the game be so that i can play them using usb loader? and how should i place them in my usb? same question for gamecube games! :D
Lord... lol...

Wii games should be .wbfs format and gamecube games should be iso. wii games should go into

Wii:
SD:/Wbfs/NameOfTheGame/GameName[ID].wbfs
USB:/Wbfs/NameOfTheGame/GameName[ID].wbfs

Gamecube:
SD:/games/NameOfTheGame/game.iso
USB:/games/NameOfTheGame/game.iso

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lord... lol...

Wii games should be .wbfs format and gamecube games should be iso. wii games should go into

Wii:

Gamecube:
USB:/Wbfs/NameOfTheGame/game.iso

Hahaha... tnx for the patience! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lord... lol...

Wii:

Gamecube:
USB:/games/NameOfTheGame/game.iso

one more thing... i read somewhere about region locked... do i have to worry about this? In my ps3, i can play anything without having to worry this.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you accept translations? I'd love to translate it to Hungarian, if possible.
Ill try to implement a language settings, and ill contact any user who likes to translate. for now it will be english, ill still need to implement some more options to it, as examplle loaders, and patchers, will do this, on the week.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Ill try to implement a language settings, and ill contact any user who likes to translate. for now it will be english, ill still need to implement some more options to it, as examplle loaders, and patchers, will do this, on the week.
Okay! :)

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Again, do i have to worry about region-locked?

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Beautiful work. I would like to test this, but I hacked my Wii way back in 2009. Haha, hey, maybe my sister could hack her wii easily.
Tell me something, is it possible to re-write everthing in an already modded Wii?
My sister got desperate when installing cios, and she didn't completed the installation of everything, so maybe this could help... her?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we partner up and make this work and install RiiConnect24 as well?

If so, PM me and PokeAcer

Hey, PokerAcer already PM me, i answered him ;D

Hi Again, do i have to worry about region-locked?
No.

Beautiful work. I would like to test this, but I hacked my Wii way back in 2009. Haha, hey, maybe my sister could hack her wii easily.
Tell me something, is it possible to re-write everthing in an already modded Wii?
My sister got desperate when installing cios, and she didn't completed the installation of everything, so maybe this could help... her?
You can Update your softmod with this tool also. ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1