Seta GX (Sega Saturn emulator)

  • Thread starter Thread starter MeXen
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 26,408
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Likes Likes 13
1000139831.jpg
 
Tested only 3 titles

Dragon Ball Z Shin Butouden : Slow, most modes refused to go beyound the Character Select screen, only Tag Team allows me to continue, as soon as battle start, all characters are locked in, no background, cant jump, cant punch, sometime you are stuck in Ki Charge.

Magic Knight Rayearth (Japan) (Genteiban) (1M) : Slow, unplayable, when opening menus or talking to NPCs, character sprites and others dissapear but game keeps playing, i spend near 1 hour during the introductiory level up to Presea's Hideout, Whole game runs with some ugly ass ranborying effect all over the screen.

Rabbit: Runs, slow, background stages are fucked or glitchy.

Surprised there's no DSI crashes so far tough, its gonna be a long journey.

Had a video render but PC crash due to blackout via bad windy weather so it flunk.
 
Hello,
Can someone help me please : I can't play neither my Wii, nor my vWii with legacy nor my vWii with Aroma... I have two games in vgames folder, they are in cue+bin... When I'm in Seta-gx app I can see any games list... If I select something I have an error... I show you that with pictures... Does someone know what's wrong please ?
A very great thank you for the developpers of Seta-gx ! I'm so happy to see a new work about a Sega Saturn on Wii / vWii.
 

Attachments

  • IMG20250402082901.jpg
    IMG20250402082901.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG20250402082910.jpg
    IMG20250402082910.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG20250402082843.jpg
    IMG20250402082843.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20250402_082635.jpg
    IMG_20250402_082635.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG20250402082405.jpg
    IMG20250402082405.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
Hello,
Can someone help me please : I can't play neither my Wii, nor my vWii with legacy nor my vWii with Aroma... I have two games in vgames folder, they are in cue+bin... When I'm in Seta-gx app I can see any games list... If I select something I have an error... I show you that with pictures... Does someone know what's wrong please ?
A very great thank you for the developpers of Seta-gx ! I'm so happy to see a new work about a Sega Saturn on Wii / vWii.
Ok maybe I can help you, are you putting it on USB because that didn't work for me! And the emulator apparently is very picky about paths so inside vgames there is another folder called Saturn and in the saves folder Saturn too, all of this on the SD, try that
Post automatically merged:

Also completely unrelated but wich bios is best? Eur or usa? Does it matter if is a pal wii? Will usa or eur work with jap patched games
 
Last edited by Joseito,
Ok maybe I can help you, are you putting it on USB because that didn't work for me! And the emulator apparently is very picky about paths so inside vgames there is another folder called Saturn and in the saves folder Saturn too, all of this on the SD, try that
Post automatically merged:

Also completely unrelated but wich bios is best? Eur or usa? Does it matter if is a pal wii? Will usa or eur work with jap patched games
It's in the SD card and yes in vgames there is a Saturn folder which inside has the games, and in save there is a Saturn folder too...
I still never play with Seta-gx (it's why I ask how to do that)... But with Yabause on vWii / Wii, I only use Euro bios, I play with euro, usa and jap games and these games are payable (Saturn Bomberman, I try all region in oder to see the difference), I also tested patched game (a patch to unlook stage of a demo of Saturn Bomberman), that works too...
 
It's in the SD card and yes in vgames there is a Saturn folder which inside has the games, and in save there is a Saturn folder too...
I still never play with Seta-gx (it's why I ask how to do that)... But with Yabause on vWii / Wii, I only use Euro bios, I play with euro, usa and jap games and these games are payable (Saturn Bomberman, I try all region in oder to see the difference), I also tested patched game (a patch to unlook stage of a demo of Saturn Bomberman), that works too...
Ok looking at your pictures more thoroughly I see there are no games on your screen, it should say the name of the games
 
Ok looking at your pictures more thoroughly I see there are no games on your screen, it should say the name of the games
You're right, there are no games on my screen, and I don't know why, so I test with others games and I can see the others games, that works, thank you very much for your help ^^. I'll search a Saturn Bomberman rom on the web (after I used my copy of my own games...).
 

Attachments

  • 17436159746647531395278335655140.jpg
    17436159746647531395278335655140.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 17436159970278240091189299617450.jpg
    17436159970278240091189299617450.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
  • 17436160382012470295889423239685.jpg
    17436160382012470295889423239685.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • 17436169803271029015735855302375.jpg
    17436169803271029015735855302375.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited by Jilou,
So, I tried castlevania sotn because Im only interested in 2D games and it runs awful, couldn't even get past the opening animations. It's slow and glitchy as shit, absolutely unplayable. So, they have a looooooong way to go.
 
So, I tried castlevania sotn because Im only interested in 2D games and it runs awful, couldn't even get past the opening animations. It's slow and glitchy as shit, absolutely unplayable. So, they have a looooooong way to go.
Seriously, yesterday or a month prior people would've sworn even this current level of performance is impossible on a Wii.
"The Wii is too weak, the Saturn is too complex, it'll never work."
Try keeping that in mind as you look at this project, it's truly amazing and you should calm your titties.
 
Last edited by russianjoint,
  • Like
Reactions: Jilou
I want to answer cereal killer too, my man the Wii is very underpowered and even old cells can't do saturn, cells from late 2014! So don't be a buzz killer, we gotta hope for the best(hopefully is not n64 emulation)

I also want to answer russianjoint, it could be possible don't be discouraged, look at psone!

So just keep praying and send the best energy to the creators
 
Seriously, yesterday or a month prior people would've sworn even this current level of performance is impossible on a Wii.
"The Wii is too weak, the Saturn is too complex, it'll never work."
Try keeping that in mind as you look at this project, it's truly amazing and you should calm your titties.
Wow Did you just say that ! Anyone can tear down someone’s work but creation is pure genius!
 
  • Like
Reactions: rogerioronin

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted