Hardware Serial Numbers for Dual IPS Pokemon 20thh N3DS?

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is The serial for any system manufactured at the same time in that group. So most should have dual IPS or at least one IPS screen if it has YW7008. Now if a system has been refurbished or anything, serial may not matter depending on how they were fixed. I had a Majoras mask XL that was top IPS and lower tn and sent it off to Nintendo to fix the top dead screen and I got back a Top TN screen.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The full serial isn't necessary, the two letters and the 4 numbers at the beginning of the serial are what matters.after The rest are the digit that are console specific, so in case you ever lost your 3DS or so, the full serial on the box can be used to contact Nintendo and move your info over.
Here it is on 3DSIDENT so you can see the screen types and serial first 6 digits.

Attachments

• IMG_7055.JPG
    IMG_7055.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 1,161

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, it's an XL. My girlfriend got a Pink N3DS XL and it's also (haven't checked with 3DIdent) IPS screens on both bottom and top.

QEF10506 - Pearl White XL

DudFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you really are that bothered you should just buy the IPS replacements and get them installed, may even work out at the same price then gambling and returning non-ips models, good luck with the search!

Kind of off topic but is there anyway to calibrate the screens that persists through reboot/system shut down?I have used LCD Tweaker but the effects are not permanent.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up mine that I bought on ebay which was supposed to be dual ips. YW7008. It was dual TN. I saw that after two seconds and then checked with 3dsident for "laughs".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up mine that I bought on ebay which was supposed to be dual ips. YW7008. It was dual TN. I saw that after two seconds and then checked with 3dsident for "laughs".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
I think there are like NO dual IPS ones. Sellers lie too which is dumb. I found mine at a used game store local to my house, mom pop shop, they were asking $199 and it was never opened. They let me turn it on and test it and yeah impulsed it over top IPS. Because I can switch the bottom IPS if I was to really get crazy but as long as top IPS is there its good for me. Now that I have a hyrule edition and this one I have no idea what I want to daily driver. Both are brand new, which should I keep 'mint' for collection purposes... tough choice

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course there are dual ips consoles, both the small version and the XL. Takes you two seconds to find it on google and youtube. This is not an issue for me because I'm covered by ebay guarantee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.