SEO Needed

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,417
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
Seriously guys, this site needs some SEO. Just add some Rewrite Engine rules. It's so hard to find like the quiz page etc. if all the URLs are like "?act=CODE=00&f=5" and stuff. YOu should try and make it like SMF (Simple Machines FOrum) Its hard to tell exactly what a link leads to.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
uhhh never noticed that..
he is right you should install the ipb seo mod which will make ur website/pages much easy to find when searching on google or on other search engine.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
whats ? don't understand one word sorry
frown.gif

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Why is SEO important?

Most website software uses dynamic urls, which most search engines feel have less importance over static urls. Community SEO's modifications change all of your dynamic urls to static urls and in turn the search engine robots can better crawl all of your website's pages and give them more importance than they would have without Community SEO installed. Is that ALL?No! Community SEO has tons of other built in features, which vary between released modules. For example, a 'similar topics' or 'similar entries' addon included with Community SEO will pull similar results based on the page you are viewing and display links to the other pages, helping search engines index related content on your site.

False stats inflation allows you to make your empty forum or community seem full. Let's face it, users do not want to join a site where nobody is online, or where there is no content. Using Community SEO you can make your empty forums appear full and active. This makes your community look far more busy and interesting to new registrants.

There's so many more great features. If you want your community to be successful with a steady flow of new visitors from all the search engines, then you need Community SEO

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Static URLs suck ass, sorry. I mean they're nice as an alternative, but kill a few things if solely used.

I'm actually on board for vBulletin though, it's my fave by far. I dislike IPB :[

D

Deleted User

OP
they don't have to be SUPER SEO, it would just be nice if you could tell what the link leads to. I dont think we need like SEF Urls, just fancier URLs.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are a pain in the ass and don't really change much if the site is already well crawled through google.

It's nice as an alternative yea though.

--
Aside:
vBulletin is indeed like my favorite, but the price is offsetting. There are millions of plugins and I know great ones for nice and complete chatrooms, wiki support, etc.

They've done a great job here with IPB however, and it makes me almost like it. :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1