Sega To Release NiGHTS HD for PC/PSN/XBLA

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit hot, nice to see Sega is delving back into the Saturn cataloge now, was recently playing Nights-Journey of the Dreams so going back to a tarted up edition of the original would do me fine on Steam

Journey of Dreams was a steaming pile of Pap that wasn't worthy of the NiGHTS name!

It's all down to opinions but I quite enjoyed Journey of the Dreams. Yes it would be a much more enjoyable experience if there was no Owl character, the cut-scenes didn't exist and that one level with the city maze was scrapped but what can you do about it...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I never got passed the first level.

As you say the owl was irritating. The forced long intro ruined the 'plug in and go' gameplay, the cut scenes disrupted the flow. And then having to complete the three completely different areas of each level before progressing was the final axe in the coffin. I couldn't get passed act 2 of level 1 (what was it? something to do with popping bubbles? I forget) so never got to see the rest of the game.

Even the first act of finding a key and getting to the exit was really nothing to do with the original.

I was so excited for Journey of Dreams. It broke my heart. STRAIGHT DOWN the middle!

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so excited for Journey of Dreams. It broke my heart. STRAIGHT DOWN the middle!

Maybe that's where our output differs, I went into JOD expecting it to be pap due to things various people had told me but i did come out enjoying it very much by the end of the game and the bit with bubbles, I think you was doing the case with the octopus where you had to make over a 30 link. I admit if I paid full price for the game I would have felt ripped off due to its length but it was enjoyable enough

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Maybe that's where our output differs,... but i did come out enjoying it very much by the end of the game and the bit with bubbles, I think you was doing the case with the octopus where you had to make over a 30 link. I admit if I paid full price for the game I would have felt ripped off due to its length but it was enjoyable enough

Yea that was it, the octopus. Couldn't do that so couldn't progress through the game. That sucked! :cry:

I went into JOD expecting it to be pap due to things various people had told me

This is where I was let down by journalists. All the reviews said yea it's an OK game but will probably only appeal to hardcore fans of the original. I think there's no audience it's less likely to appeal to than the hardcore fans of Into Dreams! It pretty much goes against everything the game stood for.

Still, you're happy with it, and that's cool :D

Now back to my other complaint... no 3DS version :( You gotta agree it would look awesome in 3D, if done right? We can at least agree on that, yea? :D

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe that's where our output differs,... but i did come out enjoying it very much by the end of the game and the bit with bubbles, I think you was doing the case with the octopus where you had to make over a 30 link. I admit if I paid full price for the game I would have felt ripped off due to its length but it was enjoyable enough

Yea that was it, the octopus. Couldn't do that so couldn't progress through the game. That sucked! :cry:

I went into JOD expecting it to be pap due to things various people had told me

This is where I was let down by journalists. All the reviews said yea it's an OK game but will probably only appeal to hardcore fans of the original. I think there's no audience it's less likely to appeal to than the hardcore fans of Into Dreams! It pretty much goes against everything the game stood for.

Still, you're happy with it, and that's cool :D

Now back to my other complaint... no 3DS version :( You gotta agree it would look awesome in 3D, if done right? We can at least agree on that, yea? :D

It's been a number of years since I played Nights on the Saturn (still living at a folks house I believe) but from what i remember yeah 3d would really sell the experience pretty well as long as the graphics got tarted up a bit

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice one! I still have the original game for Saturn. Makes me wish Sega would do the same to Panzer Dragoon Saga or even Shining the Holy Ark, which both are unlikely :(

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of my do want. Hellllllls yes! As long as the game plays exactly the same, then I would gladly sell myself for a copy of this. I've been gaming since the 80's, and yet this is still one of my top games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-