DOSBox-X 0.83.21 is released (Cross-platform DOS & PC-98 emulator)

Wengier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The latest version of DOSBox-X (0.83.21) has been released! Unlike original DOSBox which is focused for DOS games, DOSBox-X officially intends to cover different types of DOS software, as well as implementing accurate emulation of hardware behavior also to help with new DOS developments. So apart from DOS games DOSBox-X officially supports DOS applications, DOS commands, Windows 3.x and 9x/ME, DOS/V, AX, NEC PC-98 system, and more.

DOSBox-X is very feature-rich, and you can find examples of its unique features in the DOSBox‐X’s Feature Highlights page. For example, for graphical mode it supports the pixel-perfect scaling (with "output=openglpp") for improved image quality, and for text-mode the TrueType font (TTF) output ("output=ttf") make it very suitable for DOS applications also (see this Wiki page for more information about this unique feature), including support for both SBCS (western) and DBCS (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) languages.

This new version (0.83.21) also has many improvements and fixes compared with the previous version, such as support for viewing Unicode (UTF-8 or UTF-16) documents in the shell, support for ENET reliable UDP for modem and null-modem emulation, support for viewing or changing file extension associations, much improved DBCS support for Chinese/Japanese/Korean languages, and many more. You can find the release notes for DOSBox-X 0.83.21 (which contains the changelog) from:

https://dosbox-x.com/release-0.83.21.html

You can download the latest packages for your platform (Windows, Linux, macOS, or DOS) in the DOSBox-X homepage, which is available from:

http://dosbox-x.com/

For example, if you use Windows there are both 32-bit and 64-bit installers:

32-bit installer for Windows XP and later

64-bit installer for Windows Vista and later

Linux Flatpak and Fedora packages are being released as well; the Flatpak package is officially available from: DOSBox-X Flathub page

macOS and DOS packages are also officially downloadable from the DOSBox-X homepage.

The DOSBox-X user guide is available from the online Wiki:

https://dosbox-x.com/wiki

And the DOSBox-X issue tracker is also available from:

https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x/issues

Happy New Year 2022!

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, and good day, Wengier! Thank you so much for having practiced the role that you have in DOSBox-X project, for, so far! Support for viewing Unicode encoded documents on its shell is for me both: A sweet featire; and a neat achievement accomplshing to implement, itself! Cheers, supporters of herein DOSBox-X project!

Reactions: Wengier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it +1