Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SEGA Publishing Another Platinum Games Title
Could possibly be Bayonetta 2
feature-Bayonetta-PG.jpg

SEGA has recently announced that they will be publishing a new title from Platinum Games, the team behind Bayonetta, Vanquish, Infinite Space and Madworld. This news comes as SEGA West’s Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing Alan Pritchard told magazine Game Informer that “We have a further title to announce from Platinum Games as well.” The sequel was all-but confirmed two months ago with the following statement from Atsushi Inaba: "There is no concrete plan or schedule that we can talk about. It’s not like [creator Hideki] Kamiya said, ‘OK, we’re going to make this. But Bayonetta is definitely a special IP for us. We loved creating that game. We think it was a really good game. We would love to make a sequel to it when the time is right. That’s all we can say."[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That's... fine I guess.
What I think is more important about that interview is that that guy said they're working on about five 3DS games, and are evaluating about two more from Sega's old IPs. He also said to expect some big Sonic announcements during the first months of 2011.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard the first one was good hopefully this one is too, I might get a 360 sometime late 2011 if theres no sign of a new console.

Also...
inb4_prowler

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Platinum Games is one of my favourite game devs
wub.gif

Bayonetta 2 would be nice but heres hoping if they do, they don't over do it (Can't say they didn't over do it on Bayonetta but yeah, whatever)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
First game was great I played through it numerous times and usually I finish a game and never play it again.
A sequal was inevitable, think it will be a long time until we see it though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mesiskope said:
Please for the love of god let it not be bayonetta 2.

Why? People loved it. I have yet to play it but I do want to.

Personally I want MadWorld 2 or a HD port. I loved the first game, got it shortly after launch. One of the few games I'd still buy, even with pirating. Although a lot of the fun came from the frantic waggling, so I'm not sure a Xbox port would do it just. I could live with a Move one though... If I had a PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-