Hideki Kamiya will be leaving Platinum Games

F61m7ZHagAA5PJD.jpg

Famous video game designer, director and writer, Hideki Kamiya, known for works such as directing popular Capcom games like the original Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and most recently Bayonetta, has announced his departure from Platinum Games, effective on October 12th, 2023.

Platinum Games was founded way back in 2006 by major Capcom employees Atsushi Inaba, Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya, under a different brand name then known as "Seeds, Inc.". Kamiya has remained ever since in the company since and it was known on September 25th, 2023 through Platinum Game's official Twitter account that Hideki Kamiya will now be leaving the company to yet undisclosed reasons. Shinji Mikami, who was one of the founders of Platinum Games but has since left and founded Tango Gameworks in 2010, also announced his departure from said company (Tango Gameworks) earlier this year.

Given their history together, it's still unknown if Kamiya and Mikami could be working on another studio together, but it remains to be seen.

:arrow: Source

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was a major part of the creation of a lot of amazing games. Though I definitely had some issues with him. Mainly that he was a rather... rude person online. That is putting it lightly to say the least.

Reactions: Neo127 and Hmed

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With this news I won't be at all surprised if we hear of a Platinum buy-out in the not-too-distant future (I'm sure MS were after them a while back)... hopefully Kamiya will carry on the ethos of Platinum in whatever his new endeavours are.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im guessing he will go to another studio with more money maybe funded by microsoft since they said they would get some japense games on gamepass.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was a major part of the creation of a lot of amazing games. Though I definitely had some issues with him. Mainly that he was a rather... rude person online. That is putting it lightly to say the least.
I feel like I've been under a rock but what do you mean a rude person online?

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think this is good. I always loved his games but over the years, It was more like, alright, this game is fine I guess, I have to play it bechause I'm big fan of the dev, but actually I wasn't blown away by it for a long time already. Maybe this can rekindle something?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is his Twitter banner. View attachment 395807
Based as fuck. He was talking to braindead people who harassed him over the Bayonetta 3 allegations that Platinum wasn't paying fairly their actors despite the fact that those claims were already completely crazy to begin with.

People literally thought that somehow, Jennifer Hale was less expensive than Helena Taylor. People just don't think about anything and jump on whatever bandwagon when somebody calls them for « social justice », the urge of feeling like you're doing something good is more powerful than actually making sure you're doing the good stuff.

I do think Platinum can do very fine without him and that he can do very fine without Platinum, but I do wonder about the motivations behind the separation

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is his Twitter banner. View attachment 395807
He's not wrong for blocking English language posters. Lol!
Post automatically merged:

Based as fuck. He was talking to braindead people who harassed him over the Bayonetta 3 allegations that Platinum wasn't paying fairly their actors despite the fact that those claims were already completely crazy to begin with.
My problem with Bayonetta 3 is the insertion of the dyke-looking chick. Were they forced by EGS or something to do that shit?

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow ok, that's insane. lol
I guess it's a bit rude but... yeah alright.

Also, about Viola... I mean tbh I'm not a fan of the aesthetic but I don't think she was a bad character from what I saw.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He wasn't rude, but direct (like the Dutch are) Americans are sensitive to directness (me not included) so something "direct" could be seen as "rude" :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle