Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contact me for testing purposes ;)
i am contacting you for testing.

Asper just for a FYI
I am using your custom FW now and if anyone asks you can change the menu and icons back to the Genesis version by
extracting the apk from the backup and rename from _eu to _usa and copy it to the unit.
then by extracting the games from the atgames folder from the backup and just copying and replacing what is on the unit.

Reboot and it will go back to the Genesis menu.

Reactions: asper

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to load any android apk? I'm specially thinking of the Sonic ports made by The Taxman, that would be pretty cool.

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
depending on the system requirements, probably yes.

as for loading android apks you can but.... to slap just any apk on the system would be asking for trouble and system instability. like i have said before the apps would need to be compiled with some changes to play nicely with the input of the device.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am contacting you for testing.

Asper just for a FYI
I am using your custom FW now and if anyone asks you can change the menu and icons back to the Genesis version by
extracting the apk from the backup and rename from _eu to _usa and copy it to the unit.
then by extracting the games from the atgames folder from the backup and just copying and replacing what is on the unit.

Reboot and it will go back to the Genesis menu.
So just renaming the same com.atgames.menu.sega_eu.apk does the trick to "convert" genesis to mega drive ?

Last edited by asper,

Ckunak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just renaming the same apk does the trick to "convert" genesis to mega drive ?
My unit was a US Genesis. Your's and fw was Megadrive based.

so i took the apk out of the system.img backup com.atgames.menu.sega_usa.apk before flashing yours.
flashed your fw. then renamed the file above to com.atgames.menu.sega_EU.apk then copied it back to the unit.

then rebooted and the menu was back to the US apk.

Reactions: asper

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey there!, first of all thanks jasper for youre amazing work! This was totaly a reason to register here.

Some of you might know me, i coded the Super Gameboy Classic mini Mod for the SNES Classic Mini. If not heres the video:

As im more into SEGA than Nintendo this is absolutly great. I Buyed a Mega Drive Flashback HD at my local store. And guess what i startet coding for it aswell. I will provide soon a short movie of what i have done till now.

@Jasper maybe theres interests in co-operate on this sweet little system?

Best Regards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My unit was a US Genesis. Your's and fw was Megadrive based.

so i took the apk out of the system.img backup com.atgames.menu.sega_usa.apk before flashing yours.
flashed your fw. then renamed the file above to com.atgames.menu.sega_EU.apk then copied it back to the unit.

then rebooted and the menu was back to the US apk.

This is Interesting would you mind to share the US file with me? I checked my apk aswell and it looks like i have another version aswell. Mine is called:

com.atgames.menu.sega_DE.apk

DE=Germany (thats funny as i Live in Switzerland.. but never mind)

This is very interesting because on my Version there was missing the Mortal Kombat section. The Whole menu seemed to be more buggy than it should.. maybe like an early beta version?

Any interests in making a collection of all Dashboards?

Ckunak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Interesting would you mind to share the US file with me? I checked my apk aswell and it looks like i have another version aswell. Mine is called: com.atgames.menu.sega_DE.apk DE=Germany (thats funny as i Live in Switzerland.. but never mind) This is very interesting because on my Version there was missing the Mortal Kombat section. The Whole menu seemed to be more buggy than it should.. maybe like an early beta version? Any interests in making a collection of all Dashboards?[/QUOTE said:
i will share if i am allowed. i am not sure of the rules on this forum. can some one let me know if ok to post apk?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have to say i am surprised the level of work that people have put into this thing. when i made my custom loader for it, i figured that not that many people would care. I noticed some people linked to a vid of my original work at the begining of the thread. I have had some time to polish it up now. It works kind of as a replacement dashboard for the original program(you can still launch the original app that was made for it, but this one works as a replacement dashboard of sorts)
so far what i have managed to do with it:
-loading of roms from nand works (without having to mess with the original app or editing ini files, just put the roms in a directory and it works!)
-it lets you choose what system you want to launch games from for (genesis, gamegear, sega master system)
-it lets you launch games of a usb stick (slight hardware modification required on the generations classic device)
-allows launching of external apps including the original app through an application button (bottom left button on the pictures below)
-you can make your own skin for it (sort of)
-no proprietary code was used to make this. This app (or dashboard which i prefer to call it) was made with hours of reading code examples on stack overflow which paid off these last couple of months!

I have to say that i am kind of concerned though that people are trying to mess with the obb's and ini's and messing with the input files on the android file system on this. Maybe i am wrong but the proper approach would be to adapt the code of the emulators to work with the default input this device uses. I also noticed that some people where complaining of having issues adding games by doing eta primes method on the commentary section of his video.

Like i said my dash is a work in progress but if anyboody is curious to what my app/dashboard looks like now:

Hi thank you this looks really nice , where may I find more info about your dashboard and how to install please

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I created a one button installer for easy switch between different Dashboards (Modders are now Welcome to make they’re own Dashs). If someone is Interested i can upload the installer. Im still looking for the US-File to test it out. Sadly i cant show any pictures.. as fast as possible i will upload some screenshots.

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its becoming a bit difficult working without PM ability. so far only 1 member has pmed due to other members not being able to pm me. :/. beta testers for my dash are still needed.

if anybody has any suggestions, i am all ears.

Last edited by WD_Gaster,

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
its becoming a bit difficult working without PM ability. so far only 1 member has pmed due to other members not being able to pm me. :/. beta testers for my dash are still needed.

if anybody has any suggestions, i am all ears.
Got the same problem.. but i guess its a matter of time till we can pm/upload and do other stuffs..

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I created a one button installer for easy switch between different Dashboards (Modders are now Welcome to make they’re own Dashs). If someone is Interested i can upload the installer. Im still looking for the US-File to test it out. Sadly i cant show any pictures.. as fast as possible i will upload some screenshots.
I am Interested very much

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx1138... do you have the requirements i requested in the post? if so i will pm you as soon as i am able to.

Thanks

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thx1138... do you have the requirements i requested in the post? if so i will pm you as soon as i am able to.

Thanks

Hi WD_Gaster yes I am fine with all the requirements if you like you can look me up on instagram. @fixingmytoys and on YouTube fixingmytoys also you can email me on my email that I use for my YouTube channel EMAIL [email protected]

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Perfect, i was finally able to check the US-Dashboard.

Interesting, the US is even more different than the DE-EU File.

The DE Version is missing the Mortal Kombat and the About Section

The EU Version is only missing the About section

The USA Version seems to be the most complete of all.. guess it will be even more stable than the other Releases...

I Will try to make a hyprid apk by switching the Images. Will let you know if this works xD..

Ckunak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, i was finally able to check the US-Dashboard.

Interesting, the US is even more different than the DE-EU File.

The DE Version is missing the Mortal Kombat and the About Section

The EU Version is only missing the About section

The USA Version seems to be the most complete of all.. guess it will be even more stable than the other Releases...

I Will try to make a hyprid apk by switching the Images. Will let you know if this works xD..

i am thinking the us got a better version and they where too laze to deploy across other platforms.
they must of changed/fixed the issue people where complaining about in early reviews.
As you see in the attached photo from john hancocks review the us version in early 2017 is missing the mortal kombat section also.

Attachments

• SGFB.PNG
    SGFB.PNG
    54.9 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
i am thinking the us got a better version and they where too laze to deploy across other platforms.
they must of changed/fixed the issue people where complaining about in early reviews.
As you see in the attached photo from john hancocks review the us version in early 2017 is missing the mortal kombat section also.
Basicly interesting.. you can nearly follow the whole development process :-D.. well good for us, makes it more easy to understand how things working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 14d team? So 14 guys?