Sega Exiting the Home Console Market?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Four failed consoles?they only released 4 consoles!
False.
  • SEGA SG-1000 and SEGA SG-1000 II (Upgraded 1000)
  • SEGA Master System and Master System Model 2
  • SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive (And two official revisions. No, the Genesis 3 is not an official revision)
  • SEGA Game Gear
  • SEGA CD (Model 1 and 2, Add-on for the Genesis)
  • SEGA Pico
  • SEGA 32X (Technically an Add-on for the Genesis, but truthfully it only piggybacks on the AV connections)
  • SEGA Saturn (Model 1 and 2)
  • SEGA Dreamcast
  • SEGA Advanced Pico Beena

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False.
  • SEGA SG-1000 and SEGA SG-1000 II (Upgraded 1000)
  • SEGA Master System and Master System Model 2
  • SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive (And two official revisions. No, the Genesis 3 is not an official revision)
  • SEGA Game Gear
  • SEGA CD (Model 1 and 2, Add-on for the Genesis)
  • SEGA Pico
  • SEGA 32X (Technically an Add-on for the Genesis, but truthfully it only piggybacks on the AV connections)
  • SEGA Saturn (Model 1 and 2)
  • SEGA Dreamcast
  • SEGA Advanced Pico Beena
Was referring to the 4 home consoles that got western releases and considering the CD and 32x as addons to the gen

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Was referring to the 4 he consoles that got western releases and considering the CD and 32x as addons to the gen
They were only add-ons to cut costs for the end user, the 32X for instance was initially supposed to be stand-alone. Turns out that wasn't a good strategy. Anywho, as pieces of hardware, I'd give these add-ons special treatment since they have exclusive software.

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back in the 90s, out of all Sega's consoles I only got a chance to play the Genesis and the Game Gear. The rest of their consoles went under my radar.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were only add-ons to cut costs for the end user, the 32X for instance was initially supposed to be stand-alone. Turns out that wasn't a good strategy. Anywho, as pieces of hardware, I'd give these add-ons special treatment since they have exclusive software.
Yeah I know the 32x was going to be a console (think they were calling it Neptune or something?) But I consider it a add-on due to the fact you need another console

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah I know the 32x was going to be a console (think they were calling it Neptune or something?) But I consider it a add-on due to the fact you need another console
Yeah, Neptune was supposed to be a 2-in-1 console, a Genesis with a built-in 32X. Then there was Pluto, a Sega Saturn with a built-in NetLink, but we're talking about never-released hardware here, so ehh. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc