Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im sure some has been waiting for this and now it's here!
Added DLDI support, meaning.. it now works perfectly with R4
grog.gif

Which are Picodrive for Megadrive/Genesis roms (high compatibility and great gameplay speed.. but no sound as of yet)
Picodrive 0.1.1/0.1.2 Compatibility List (Most likely the newest version has fixed some and added new games to support).

SNEmulDS
SNEmulDS Compatibility List

Here is a pic of me testing a genesis game with Picodrive (guess which game and get a cookie
wink.gif
)
screenshotoo4.jpg

Instructions
Just place both nds (after dldi patching) in the root of your card and start them. Then just browse to your desired rom and start it. Simple as that. Picodrive supports folder browsing, SNEmulDS does not. So place the roms in the same folder/root as the SNEmulDS ds file for it to find the roms.

Downloads:
Download Picodrive 0.1.7- Nonpatched

Download SNEmulDS 0.4 Alpha - Nonpatched

Kurai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sweet, I can finally replay Sonic the hedgehod 2, That game i spent hours upon hours playing with my dad when i was a kid. It only feels like yesterday too. Oh sht, Misread. This isnt Sega Megadrive, its genesis. /tear

eyemessiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US Megadrive == Genesis, no?

Yay emulators on the DS. Will the DS CPU ever be fast enough to run them at 100% tho? I hope so.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
US Megadrive == Genesis, no?

Yay emulators on the DS. Will the DS CPU ever be fast enough to run them at 100% tho? I hope so.

Yea, Megadrive is the Genesis
wink.gif

As for snes emulation, im sure it will sometime in the future. SnezziDS has done an excellent job emulating alot of games at around 99%-100% including sound.

and regarding the Genesis games.. to be honest with you, the three games i've tried so far. Felt like they were running at 100%
ohmy.gif

Then again, it is without sound in Picodrive. But im sure it's quite possible with sound too.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering how well all these older consoles have been emulated on PDA ARM processors I am surprised that snes is not 100% on most snes games? That and I am sure the DS has more avaliable for rendering things than just its two ARM processors.

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure some has been waiting for this and now it's here!
Someone took the sources of both and added DLDI support, meaning.. it now works perfectly with R4Â
grog.gif

Which are Picodrive 0.1.6 for Megadrive/Genesis roms (high compatibility and great gameplay speed.. but no sound as of yet)
Picodrive 0.1.1/0.1.2 Compatibility List (Most likely the newest version has fixed some and added new games to support).

SNEmulDS 0.2 for snes - Last version which had the source included.. very buggy and runs most games at an average speed of 50%.. but hey! something is something right.
SNEmulDS Compatibility List

Remember that these are UNOFFICIAL releases and he said he only did it till the actual authors do it for themself.
Here is a pic of me testing a genesis game with Picodrive (guess which game and get a cookie
wink.gif
)

Instructions
Just place both nds (after dldi patching) in the root of your card and start them. Then just browse to your desired rom and start it. Simple as that. Picodrive supports folder browsing, SNEmulDS does not. So place the roms in the same folder/root as the SNEmulDS ds file for it to find the roms.

Downloads:
If you are a man, flex yourself every morning infront of the mirror and knows what you want in life.
Then these are the downloads for you (non patched, so you will have to DLDI patch them yourself)

Download Picodrive - Nonpatched

Download SNEmulDS 0.2 - Nonpatched

But if you screamed 'Help Mommy!' atleast once during the reading of this post. Then these are the downloads for you (DLDI patched, just place them in root).

Download Picodrive - DLDI Patched

Download SNEmulDS 0.2 - DLDI Patched

Source: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12146

Great. Thanks for posting this info!

D

Deleted User

I remember "modding" my Sega Genesis to make it play Megadrive games. The "mod" was to just clip two pieces of plastic from the place you insert the cartridge.
tongue.gif

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn, tried a lot of snes games
my favorite ones didnt work

chronotrigger- menu very laggy and shakes left to fight, also during battle. and very slow.
street fighter 2 - didnt load.. darn this would be too good to be true
rofl2.gif

nba hang time (i just like the game)- didnt work too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol