SEGA, again, reiterates that it wants to release more ports of Atlus titles, including remakes

persona-4-golden-11-09-20-1.jpg

If you hadn't heard it the first five times that SEGA has said this in the past year, the company has once again reiterated its future plans in regards to Atlus. Following the success of Persona 4 Golden being brought to Steam earlier this year, SEGA has stated that it wishes to bring other Atlus titles to new platforms. The latest update on the situation comes from SEGA's recent financial briefing, in which CEO Haruki Satomi said the following:

As for Steam, while we hadn't been actively releasing Atlus titles on PC, we felt that there was much potential there, and put out a direct port of Persona 4 Golden for PC, and the user response was far beyond our expectation. That being said, we hope to release Atlus catalog titles across various platforms, whether as direct ports or in the form of remasters or remakes.

Throughout 2020, SEGA has ported Catherine: Full Body to the Nintendo Switch, Persona 4 Golden to Steam, and has announced an HD remaster for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, which is planned for release on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 early next year.

:arrow: Source (translation courtesy of Gematsu)

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you hadn't heard it the first five times that SEGA has said this in the past year, the company has once again reiterated its future plans in regards to Atlus. Following the success of Persona 4 Golden being brought to Steam earlier this year, SEGA has stated that it wishes to bring other Atlus titles to new platforms. The latest update on the situation comes from SEGA's recent financial briefing, in which CEO Haruki Satomi said the following:

Throughout 2020, SEGA has ported Catherine: Full Body to the Nintendo Switch, Persona 4 Golden to Steam, and has announced an HD remaster for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, which is planned for release on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 early next year.

:arrow: Source (translation courtesy of Gematsu)

I just wish they'd release Skies of Arcadia Legends for PC, that would tickle my pickle pretty hardcore. And Evolution!

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably Nocturne will be the next to be ported to PC

This is going to happen. Files have been found by dataminers, and the fact that the Nocturne remake was made in Unity means they can pretty much release it on any platform they want. I'd bet 6 months or so after the PS4 and Switch ports land, there will probably be XBox and Steam ports that follow. It's almost a pity there won't be a 3DS port, but oh well.

Can't say for sure it'll be the next one, though. Catherine: Full Body can't be more than a simply button click away at this point.

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
This is going to happen. Files have been found by dataminers, and the fact that the Nocturne remake was made in Unity means they can pretty much release it on any platform they want.
Unity was just the wrapper of the game. They should have gone with another one, like hexagon or whatever the name was.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unity was just the wrapper of the game. They should have gone with another one, like hexagon or whatever the name was.

Unity is not being used as a wrapper. There are cheaper, easier ways of doing reusing the original code if that were the path they were going to take. The Switch isn't fast enough for that, anyway. It is just a very lazy remaster, especially in the audio department.

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Persona 5 Scramble to be released in the west. I'd love to see a english translated remaster of Yakuza Kenzan & Yakuza Ishin.
They could look at a english tranlated digital release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. The original flopped on PS3. Sure theres a partial english patch for PS4 version.

Sadly I have seen Sega say over and over again Ishin won't get western localization. That game is actually one of the main reasons I have been studying Japanese the last year and a half. :lol:

I'd imagine the way the pandemic has raged in the Us for the last 8 months has screwing up their plans for the Scramble localization. Gotta be hard to get all the voice acting done right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Persona 4 Golden on a Switch, huh?..

I don't get Atlus at all. They have known for years that a ton of people specifically buy the Vita and / or Playstation TV just for that one game. And yet they were shocked the game sold so well on Steam. Clueless as hell that company can be.

Last edited by nutsack,
Reactions: proffk and mathew77
D

Deleted User

Well yeah, sega has been surprisingly pc-friendly in recent years

Not really, they released Valkyria 4 on Steam.

Considering V3 is still unlocalised, while superior in every domain, I personally take that as a spit in the face of PC gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch