Hacking SeedMiner FC and Mining Help

• Thread starter ZZ20
  • Start date
  • Views 387,210
  • Replies 3,532
  • Likes 43

How many of you Kiddos would be willing to help in some way?

• Aye!

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Nah!

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lurker here just picked up a MM edition new 3DS after getting a Wii U and dropping CFW on it. Love catching up on all the games I've missed!

The n3DS is latest firmware, so here I am.

I noticed a new method (method 3) to getting your moveable.sed, is this better/faster than method 2, or no difference than not having to trouble someone?

Regardless, I'm slowly wrapping my head around 3DS methods, and have one or two random questions if someone feels like answering them :)

Also, I can donate time on an OC'd 1080, possibly tonight, and tomorrow. Except, ya know, when I'm using it to get mine :)

Questions -
1. I disabled Spotpass sending info to Nintendo's servers, is there anything else I can do to go under the radar ( al a DNS change on the Wii U)? I haven't seen anything else about that.

2. I have the 4GB mSD card that came with the 3DS, and a 64GB mSD card I'm using with the Wii U. Is the 4GB enough to get the 3DS to booting CFW, and then can I just use the 64GB to dump 'files' onto for the 3DS? (I still have some back and forth I want to do with the Wii U and I'm running out of SD cards, won't get more for a week or two.

3. If there's someone willing to get my moveable.sed I can post my friend code (soon as I find it.. ah haaaaa)

Legend27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could help, but it would be a little later in the day as I am currently not home right now. So go ahead and send it just in case you don't get someone else to help you, and I will get back to you when I have started the process.

hey just wondering if you could seed for me

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Provided fresh accounts can reply to a PM, you should have it. Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks!

Anyone available to brute force my msed? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can give it a go?

EDIT: I can give it a go right after I try mine? if no one picks up/finishes yours in the meantime. If it's quick to get started, I have a spare box with a 1060 if you're really desperate :)

Last edited by mk97,

renannucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Provided fresh accounts can reply to a PM, you should have it. Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks!

I haven't tried it yet, but I can give it a go?

EDIT: I can give it a go right after I try mine? if no one picks up/finishes yours in the meantime. If it's quick to get started, I have a spare box with a 1060 if you're really desperate :)
Sure, I don't mind waiting you finish yours, take your time :)

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fresh accounts can reply but not initiate. PMd your part1. you mentioned you have a 1080 to mine the movable.sed with right?

I'm too slow to respond, or you're just super efficient :)

Only questions now -

Is the ID0 already included into the file you sent? (and should I rename that file or does it not matter?

EDIT: Ahh so I'm pulling the SD card from the 3DS and running the first component of Seedmineer on the card... I assume that means some system data is written to the SD interesting. (Yep I have only a cursuory understanding of 3DS modding atm...) hah sorry.

Last edited by mk97,

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay maybe I'm totally spacing out, but I keep getting invalid Syntax every time I try to run seedminer_launcher3.py with an argument from the 3DS folder on the SD card.

I'm assuming I'm doing something stupid, but from directory, or even shortcut and trying to add argument, no idea.

Anyone mind pointing out the obvious? lol

lorilith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm too slow to respond, or you're just super efficient :)

Only questions now -

Is the ID0 already included into the file you sent? (and should I rename that file or does it not matter?

EDIT: Ahh so I'm pulling the SD card from the 3DS and running the first component of Seedmineer on the card... I assume that means some system data is written to the SD interesting. (Yep I have only a cursuory understanding of 3DS modding atm...) hah sorry.
Since i didnt have your id0, you will need to do that part too. see https://jisagi.github.io/3dsSeedMinerGuide/seedminerFriend.html section I, step 4 and on.

if you need help getting it going, DM me on discord: RandalHoffman#0687 (https://discordapp.com/ if you dont have it installed or want to run it from a browser)

Last edited by lorilith,

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i didnt have your id0, you will need to do that part too.
browser)

Oh well there's the problem, no Python... thanks 2.7 installer for not making it functional. I'm dropping the latest like that guide says. Thanks for pointing out the verbose guide :)

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kicked it off a few min ago. I've gotta go make a mold... I'll be back to check on it in a bit here.

renannuci - I'll kick yours off as soon as mine's done. Did you already add your ID0 to your msed? Not sure if an ID0 is a 'want to share' kinda thing or not? hah I might be able to PM you with the amount of posts I've made in this thread by then if not...

EDIT:
Uhhh... so that was quick...
Hah.jpg

Okay I'm kicking your msed off incase it's ready to go.

Guess I'm going to move along on the guide then haha

Last edited by mk97,

renannucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kicked it off a few min ago. I've gotta go make a mold... I'll be back to check on it in a bit here.

renannuci - I'll kick yours off as soon as mine's done. Did you already add your ID0 to your msed? Not sure if an ID0 is a 'want to share' kinda thing or not? hah I might be able to PM you with the amount of posts I've made in this thread by then if not...

Yeah I've added the id0 to it. I guess it's fine since no one here had problems sharing it (yet).

mk97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rename the file and delete the .zip extension, I had to add it so I could upload it here.
Hah doh, didn't think of that. It's in progress :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All Done! Should I upload here... or make another post to PM you... or you cool with random file service?

renannucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hah doh, didn't think of that. It's in progress :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All Done! Should I upload here... or make another post to PM you... or you cool with random file service?
I'm ok with any cloud services, I'll let you know when I grab it so you remove the link from here :)

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, we'll remove the link to this thread then. Doesn't bother me.
If you remove the recommendations for these gbatemp threads, please remove both guides alltogether and dont recommend people seedminer. If i understand your concerns correctly, you can't let people use seedminer at all. It includes the sharing of your personal file, forcefully circumventing Nintendo's security by bruteforcing it.
Tho, as hunter stated as well, then you can't tell people to use dsiware game injection either as it also requires the same things. (Or tell people how to CFW at all, to be honest...)

If this all is what you make of it, i have to kindly ask you to no longer use a fork of my guide for your purposes. Please also note that i have to ask you to abide by the license attached to the repository.

I will certainly also remove the link to your discord from my guide to not get people in danger of getting banned for asking for help with mine.

While i certainly admire your desire to help people still, i simply do not comply with your guy's standards, it seems, so i will stop contributing to your part of the community. Do what you have to do, but please keep me out of it.

Thank You and have a good rest of the week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal...