Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
New Super Mario Bros. Mii !!! :yay:

Can't wait for another terrible multiplayer experience.

Sorry Nintendo, multiplayer platformers don't work. Even a much better platformer like Rayman Origins didn't do it well.
You didn't play Kirby Superstar.
You must have had a horrible childhood.

Edit: And this is less news worthy than the anonymous dev rubbish

Reactions: 4 people

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a great idea: lets just wait till e3 and stop posting fanboyz debate threads!!!!

stupidfaceh.jpg

I have a great idea: stop using a "z" instead of an "s".
it's the only language they understand

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, whenever I read "Console X will not sell because Apple..." I immediately reject whatever preceded that statement.

Whoever you are, get medical help. Now. There's something wrong with your head, Japanese Analyst Guy.

...Well, if you think about, Apple products do sell well.

I mean a $250 3DS or a $250 Vita has trouble selling but iPads fly off the shelves for almost twice as much.

Not to mention even getting an iPod Touch nowadays with a decent amount of storage is more than a 3DS or Vita. And it doesn't even have dem Vita graphics or THREEEE DEEEE.

As much as I hate to admit it, if companies got their products selling like Apple and their customers buying like Apple than they'd be as happy as a pig of dirt... Or Scrooge McDuck in a swimming pool of money.

What is this "4 screen infrastructure" sounds like shitty editing

tumblr_kwzrg1ogVE1qzi7ezo1_400.jpg

"4 screen infrastructure"

Reactions: 9 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We're staying away from the subject, which is "Refined and spacious 12GB+ video games utilizing multiple CPU and GPU cores for the best HD experience possible with innovative and comfortable controls are apparently no match againts the magic of the iPad and iPhone, we should all just toss our hardware away, join the Apple Master Race and start playing Angry Birds and Paper Toss - REAL games". :rofl2:

EDIT: Guild, Apple's hardware sells well, but definatelly not because of its gaming capabilities. It sells well because of numerous reasons:

1. Apple products are a fad.
2. iPhone is a fad, but I suppose that the latest ones are actually good smartphones.
3. iPad is actually a good tablet.

Neither of the iOS devices sells "because it's a good gaming platform" - they're in a different industry sector and sell themselves on their own merit.

Reactions: 6 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're staying away from the subject, which is "Refined and spacious 12GB video games utilizing multiple CPU and GPU cores for the best HD experience possible with innovative and comfortable controls are apparently no match againts the magic of the iPad and iPhone, we should all just toss our hardware away, join the Apple Master Race and start playing Angry Birds and Paper Toss - REAL games.". :rofl2:

To be fair there are quite a few iOS games that do have some pretty good graphics and the specs on Apple products aren't that bad, they just love holding them back so people are forced to buy a model with better specs in a couple of months.

EDIT: Guild, Apple's hardware sells well, but definatelly not because of its gaming capabilities. It sells well because of numerous reasons:

2. iPhone is a fad, but I suppose that the latest ones are actually good smartphones.

Neither of the iOS devices sells "because it's a good gaming platform" - they're in a different industry sector and sell themselves on their own merit.

Well obviously but they sell, and that's what companies want. What Apple has done is created an incredible amount of brand loyalty that carries over. It makes iPhone owners exclusively buy iPads and Macbooks instead of the large amounts of alternatives, even when the Apple products are more expensive. If Sony created this with, say, making their PS3/Vita owners wanting Sony TVs and other Sony electronics, it'd be like a kid come true.

Plus nowadays gaming platformers are drifting a lot towards being multifunctional, much like Apple products. It's easy to think of it as this way: Apple products are (phones/tablets/portable media devices) that focus on features with some gaming while (3DS/Vita) are products that focus on gaming with some other features. Like I doubt anyone bought a 3DS or a Vita for Netflix or web browsing, but I'm sure most 3DS and Vita owners have used one or the other.

It wouldn't surprise me though if a lot of people start looking for a device that isn't advertised as a dedicated gaming device like the 3DS or Vita but a multipurpose device that's a portable media device, not a "handheld".

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Granted e3 is likely to bring something (although I find the amount of actual news coming out of e3 to be rather low this last few years and what little there is usually gets pre empted by other sources around this time of year and onwards really) there might be something in looking at what is known and what has been said/speculated upon. Indeed if those potential problems in addition to Nintendo as a whole turn out to be more than baseless speculation it could well be argued Nintendo might not be a sound investment (it certainly was not these last 5 years):

adobe_flash_logo.gif
Flash Player 9 or higher is required to view the chartClick here to download Flash Player nowif (typeof(embedWikichart) != "undefined") {embedWikichart("http://charts.wikinvest.com/WikiChartMini.swf","wikichartContainer_0A92875E-E4AE-E0A3-2EF2-84F976955C40","400","400",{"ticker":"OTC:NTDOY","partner":"wikinvest","embedCodeDate":"2012-4-6","showNewsIcons":"true","rollingDate":"5 days"},{});}View the full NTDOY chart at Wikinvest

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We're staying away from the subject, which is "Refined and spacious 12GB video games utilizing multiple CPU and GPU cores for the best HD experience possible with innovative and comfortable controls are apparently no match againts the magic of the iPad and iPhone, we should all just toss our hardware away, join the Apple Master Race and start playing Angry Birds and Paper Toss - REAL games.". :rofl2:

To be fair there are quite a few iOS games that do have some pretty good graphics and the specs on Apple products aren't that bad, they just love holding them back so people are forced to buy a model with better specs in a couple of months.
I realize that, I was overdramatizing. What I'm trying to stress is that iOS devices are *not* dedicated gaming devices - the point of having games on them is to kill some time in-between of real gaming sessions. Who owns an iPhone purely because it's a "good gaming device" in his/her opinion? Nobody - they use it for its primary function, for being a phone.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Well obviously but they sell, and that's what companies want. What Apple has done is created an incredible amount of brand loyalty that carries over. It makes iPhone owners exclusively buy iPads and Macbooks instead of the large amounts of alternatives, even when the Apple products are more expensive. If Sony created this with, say, making their PS3/Vita owners wanting Sony TVs and other Sony electronics, it'd be like a kid come true.

Plus nowadays gaming platformers are drifting a lot towards being multifunctional, much like Apple products. It's easy to think of it as this way: Apple products are (phones/tablets/portable media devices) that focus on features with some gaming while (3DS/Vita) are products that focus on gaming with some other features. Like I doubt anyone bought a 3DS or a Vita for Netflix or web browsing, but I'm sure most 3DS and Vita owners have used one or the other.

It wouldn't surprise me though if a lot of people start looking for a device that isn't advertised as a dedicated gaming device like the 3DS or Vita but a multipurpose device that's a portable media device, not a "handheld".
Anything that does end up pushing the system graphically inevitably requires more refined and precise input. But the iPhone has nocontrols.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, whenever I read "Console X will not sell because Apple..." I immediately reject whatever preceded that statement.

Whoever you are, get medical help. Now. There's something wrong with your head, Japanese Analyst Guy.

...Well, if you think about, Apple products do sell well.

I mean a $250 3DS or a $250 Vita has trouble selling but iPads fly off the shelves for almost twice as much.

Not to mention even getting an iPod Touch nowadays with a decent amount of storage is more than a 3DS or Vita. And it doesn't even have dem Vita graphics or THREEEE DEEEE.

As much as I hate to admit it, if companies got their products selling like Apple and their customers buying like Apple than they'd be as happy as a pig of dirt... Or Scrooge McDuck in a swimming pool of money.

What is this "4 screen infrastructure" sounds like shitty editing

tumblr_kwzrg1ogVE1qzi7ezo1_400.jpg

"4 screen infrastructure"
Holy shit i laughed so hard. Im not even kinda kidding.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. Mii !!! :yay:

Can't wait for another terrible multiplayer experience.

Sorry Nintendo, multiplayer platformers don't work. Even a much better platformer like Rayman Origins didn't do it well.

This is totally off topic, but my friends absolutely love that game. They seriously look like a stereotypical Nintendo marketing campaign when they play it (multi-ethnic friends laughing on a couch with Wii-motes).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anything that does end up pushing the system graphically inevitably requires more refined and precise input. But the iPhone has nocontrols.
BEHOLD THE GREAT EQUALIZER.
I am still unsure as to why Sony's decided to put a SIM slot and a 3G module in the system and didn't include a headset and phone functionality when there was nothing in the way of doing so. I mean, imagine the scenario - you're in a coffee shop, drinking your coffee, bored out of your mind. You whip out the Vita, dial a number, scream into the headset "Bitch, it's KILLZONE time!", log onto the free WiFi and decimate someone. How is that *not* cool?

It's not like you can't do that with your cellphone, but hey - two devices in one is better. :P

Reactions: 3 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still unsure as to why Sony's decided to put a SIM slot and a 3G module in the system and didn't include a headset and phone functionality when there was nothing in the way of doing so. I mean, imagine the scenario - you're in a coffee shop, drinking your coffee, bored out of your mind. You whip out the Vita, dial a number, scream into the headset "Bitch, it's KILLZONE time!", log onto the free WiFi and decimate someone. How is that *not* cool?

It's not like you can't do that with your cellphone, but hey - two devices in one is better. :P

There's a headset functionality, you can buy an earphone/headset combo for the thing officially by Sony. I'm pretty sure it's in the starter kit too.

Technically you can kinda do that by sending a message to them or inviting them to a party and then go "BITCH IT'S KILLZONE TIME!"

EDIT: This is all assuming the coffee shop has WiFi (although what good Hipster Ceremonial Ground doesn't have WiFi?)

At first I didn't see why it'd need 3G but I can see how it fits in. Tons of games are really enjoying leaderboard competition as a multiplayer function and you can use 3G to update that. So it's rather satisfying to spank your friend in Super Stardust Delta while on the bus and let them know about it instantly.

On a side note, @[member='ProtoKun7'], check your SSDD leaderboards.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

There's a headset functionality, you can buy an earphone/headset combo for the thing officially by Sony. I'm pretty sure it's in the starter kit too.

Technically you can kinda do that by sending a message to them or inviting them to a party and then go "BITCH IT'S KILLZONE TIME!"

At first I didn't see why it'd need 3G but I can see how it fits in. Tons of games are really enjoying leaderboard competition as a multiplayer function and you can use 3G to update that. So it's rather satisfying to spank your friend in Super Stardust Delta while on the bus and let them know about it instantly.

On a side note, @[member='ProtoKun7'], check your SSDD leaderboards.
Thing is, people are usually on the phone more often than they're on their Vita systems due to battery life issues... but I suppose you're right. :)

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, people are usually on the phone more often than they're on their Vita systems due to battery life issues... but I suppose you're right. :)

Well I carry both around myself so it's not an issue... Although none of my friends have a Vita so it's not like it matters.
None of my friends have a Vita as well so this kinda sucks >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later