Gaming Secret virtual console view mode.

rufus83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would share a sweet little thing I found. I haven't been looking through the forum lately, so I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but If you hold down the select button, while choosing your virtual console game, like you would if you were playing a DS game. It displays it in it's native resolution, only it puts it inside a "virtual console". I'm playing Link's Awakening right now and the video is displayed inside a background that looks like a Game Boy Color. Also if 3D is turned on it makes it look like the LCD is sunken into the unit. Freakin sweet!

EDIT: I'd also like to note that original Game Boy games not only work the same way, but they can be changed to their original green color by holding L+R and pressing Y.

rufus83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not sure if it's available in all regions yet, I live in the US, but Nintendo said it would be available by the end of the day at their press conference.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Awww. it's six dollars. Kinda strage how there is a 2 dollar price difference between 2 Nintendo games right away (on Wii only Square games usually pulled the "premium prices") it kinda upsets me Nintendo is charging more for the most looked forward to game.

Oh well, I'll buy it anyways. MUST... SUPPORT... VIRTUAL... CON.... SOOOOOOLLLE

rufus83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Awww. it's six dollars. Kinda strage how there is a 2 dollar price difference between 2 Nintendo games right away (on Wii only Square games usually pulled the "premium prices") it kinda upsets me Nintendo is charging more for the most looked forward to game.

Yeah I was a bit angry about the price as well, but the newness and the fact that I haven't played the game in ages sold me.... If it makes you feel any better, used copies of the actual game on ebay cost more regularly.

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is available, it just doesn't show up, like many games.
Use the Gamesearch / Filter.
They seriously have to implent a list viewmode or something that shows everything without having to filter at all.
Plus they didn't even send a spotpass message that Zelda is out, which is weird imho.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Zelda is available in Europe at last 6 euros ah
frown.gif

I guess i will add 10 euros and buy both Mario and Zelda

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rufus83 said:
Schlupi said:

Yeah I was a bit angry about the price as well, but the newness and the fact that I haven't played the game in ages sold me.... If it makes you feel any better, used copies of the actual game on ebay cost more regularly.
Sadly this is true. I bought it at an anime con last year for $25. >.< And I will be buying it yet again so I can play on the go without digging out my SP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)