SDCafiine

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, May 21, 2017.

1. joelcanciones

joelcanciones Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi: can somebody help me? Why is it that every time I try to load cafiine my Wii U freezes in a black screen?

2. XBzombieMan1337

XBzombieMan1337 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    I've been attempting to use SDcafiine 1.5 many times now, and the mods just won't load period. The way I load SDcafiine is through using sleepy.oh and running the exploit to get into Homebrew then load it from there. I don't have Haxchi installed or any kind of CFW installed on my Wii U. So, how can fix this issue with mods not loading? Do I have to use SDcafiine 1.3, or do you have to have CFW in order to use mods? Also, I'm try to load mods for the common game Super Smash Bros Wii U.

Last edited by XBzombieMan1337, Apr 13, 2018
  3. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Check the newest tutorials in youtube for sdcafiine

The newest sd cafiine has different folder format if i recall from previous versions. U dont need cfw for sdcafiine, you dont need mocha. Its integrated into the app.

4. XBzombieMan1337

XBzombieMan1337 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Could you recommend me a video? More so, what is the different file structure?

5. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ps i was having a similar problem before but i knew i had the correct file structrue
    turns out the card was locked via the tab :sleep:

6. jacob3178259

jacob3178259 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2017
    United States
    If you're using SDcafiine for Smash mods do you have to use mod packs now? Seems like every tutorial is for mod packs and I want to use the mods I already have.

7. JeezyHungry

JeezyHungry Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    France
    Hey can someone help me with this problem? I've tried to run SDCafiine several times now and everytime I do it then screen goes black forever and the only thing I can do is shut down the Wii U.
    Every folders are in their right place by the way.

8. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    If this has MochaCFW built-in, what about users that have CBHC?

Since when you boot up the system, CBHC/Haxchi is already running on Boot, and running a version of Mocha on top of that, is not a good idea. Your really not suppose to run a CFW inside another CFW.

I do want to try this, so I can try making some Mod Packs for BOTW. But how do users with CBHC use this?

I was thinking maybe just launch HBL when the system first boots up and gets to the "Autobooting" screen, you can press the "Home" button and then select "Boot Homebrew Launcher", then launch SDCafiine from there. That way CBHC/Haxchi won't run on first boot, and instead SDCafiine will launch with its own version of Mocha. I mean I will have to do the same thing over again the next time I reboot my console, but it should work, I think.

Does that sound about right? Or am I wrong?

Last edited by TheTechGenius, Apr 20, 2018
  9. GentlemanPotato

GentlemanPotato Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    I've been running this aswell as CBHC (on system menu autoboot) for quite a while to use Smash mods and haven't run into any problems

10. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I just launched it my way, and it works. I launch HBL from the CBHC Autoboot menu and launch SDCafiine from there. That way the system doesn't use CBHC/Haxchi CFW, and instead uses the modifed Mocha CFW built into SDCafiine itself.

I don't like booting a CFW on top of another CFW. It will cause problems eventually.