Country
United States

Bochi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I followed that tutorial to the letter and it does not work even with 2 difrent sd cards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it doesn't . It simply doesn't do anything. No access light nothing on vitashell.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's not in all the way? I had this problem 'til I realized it's supposed to go in all the way to where u need a pin or a paper clip to get it out. it's due to it not using the spring mechanism. u have to shimmy the card around the spring so that it goes all the way in. make sure the pins r on the bottom side if you're facing the vita, not towards the screen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dust jacket to the game card port should be able to close with the sd2vita inserted. where did u buy yours from?

manelscout4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h6PuXan.jpg

It's all the way in.

I've reseated it a good 15 times not once did I see the access light flicker.

I've tried with enso and just with henkaku.

I've tried with both available gamesd.skprx

I've tried with tape and without.

I've tried with two different microSD's, formatted in windows and linux.

I bought it from ps_freedom (modsiah) on ebay. We'll see if he sends me a replacement or if I have to order a new one.

Sorry OP for jacking your thread a bit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine from modsiah as well. maybe it's a dud? I'm not sure if each individual sd2vita is tested, so maybe you should ask him. I hope you both get your cards sorted. I almost thought mine was broken as well 'til I realized it had to be pushed in all the way. I've had no issues with it since then.

Bochi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
h6PuXan.jpg

It's all the way in.

I've reseated it a good 15 times not once did I see the access light flicker.

I've tried with enso and just with henkaku.

I've tried with both available gamesd.skprx

I've tried with tape and without.

I've tried with two different microSD's, formatted in windows and linux.

I bought it from ps_freedom (modsiah) on ebay. We'll see if he sends me a replacement or if I have to order a new one.

Sorry OP for jacking your thread a bit.

That's exactly what's happening to me.

Reactions: alucard_xs

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having this same issue with mine which I just purchased the board then soldered the sd card adapter on it. Even though my connections looked fine I had to redo the soldering job and it works fine now. Getting it to sit 100% correct in the cartridge slow is kinda hard as well. But I would say that the soldering job is off especially if you arnt getting anything at all in terms of light from the game socket.

Last edited by aclearersky,
Reactions: retrofan_k

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had the same problem, the pins should be facing the back of the vita if you slide the adapter in.
At first it looks like it doen't fit that way because the other way around it slides in very easy... :wink:

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd reflow the points, as there might be a dry joint somewhere.

I agree with retrofan. There's probably a bad solder joint. Just take a 15w iron to it till the solder flows a bit then remove the iron to reflow it. Also make sure the pins face the rear touchpad and that the adapter PCB is completely inserted. Took me a good 2 hours to get mine situated but it's finally working.

Muhxiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I came across this Problem, too.
But it was my own fault somewhere my config.txt was replaced with the standard one and of course the line "ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx" was missing. As I opened the config.txt I misread this line "# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here"
So just check if your config maybe lost this entry, too
The LED on the VitaSlot is not light up when the entry to the .skprx is missing (That set me off-trail because I assumed it should at least light up shortly)

(I feel so stupid, tried tape and resoldered the MicroSD and everything lost about 3 hours because im stupid xD)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to barge in but I got mine today and am having a freaking nightmare.

I have enso installed and working fine.

So I followed this tutorial for format and set up tai config:

https://hackinformer.com/2017/07/29/properly-format-sd-sd2vita-adapter-set-vita/

I followed it to the letter, restarted the vita, and it asked to format the card, which I did,.... and thats where my pain begins :(

Now my 16gb actual vita memory card seems formatted... everything gone.... (everything GUTTED)

Taking that out and restarting the vita with just SD2vita in, enso starts and it AGAIN asks to format card, and fails....

I know its a good 64gb micro SD, it was from N3DS XL I have.

Any ideas? I cant solder, so if its that I'm screwed...

Taking card out enso boots fine, but obviously everything is gone and I can even remember how I would get vitashell back on :(

Such a noob :( Halp plox?

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same problem today... please check really the solder connections! This was the fault with one of my adapters! If just one single pin isnt correctly soldered then it wont work! and for the first look it really looked good soldered but it wasnt - because the second adapter worked fine. then i looked under the microscope and saw there wasnt soldered correctly!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UPDATE:

OK so I found another 4gb VITA memory card, formatted it and its working, managed to remove spoof, load henkaku (wouldnt work without memcard or spoof) and reinstall molecular shell... THEN enabled unsafe, used molecular to delete gamecardsd.skprx and reload taihen, now my original 16gb is working again (PHEW)... but fuck: all my shit is GONE... and adrenalin..... any way to get ePSP cfw again with literally a vanilla 3.60 enso installation?

Thanks in advance!

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suppose the PSV is still activated. In that case you can use ePSP Bubble Installer from CelesteBlue.

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

OK so I found another 4gb VITA memory card, formatted it and its working, managed to remove spoof, load henkaku (wouldnt work without memcard or spoof) and reinstall molecular shell... THEN enabled unsafe, used molecular to delete gamecardsd.skprx and reload taihen, now my original 16gb is working again (PHEW)... but fuck: all my shit is GONE... and adrenalin..... any way to get ePSP cfw again with literally a vanilla 3.60 enso installation?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah I had problems when I first started it too but I don't have Enso and am still using the online installer for now. The key was ensuring that my SD had a COMPLETE 1:1 copy of my Vita memory card if using USB to transfer the contents do this in Windows:

For Windows 7 :
  1. Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
  2. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
  3. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
  4. Make sure the Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended) is unchecked.
If you don't do this before copying your memory card over USB you will not get EVERY file on it when you copy and this was the cause of my problems.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.