Sd2vita not working

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bochi, Aug 5, 2017.

1. manelscout4life

manelscout4life Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    I've tried formatting that way and with linux on two microsd's. Do your vitas turn off when inserting or removing the adapter?

2. Bochi
    OP

Bochi Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2016
    Yes I followed that tutorial to the letter and it does not work even with 2 difrent sd cards

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No it doesn't . It simply doesn't do anything. No access light nothing on vitashell.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    maybe it's not in all the way? I had this problem 'til I realized it's supposed to go in all the way to where u need a pin or a paper clip to get it out. it's due to it not using the spring mechanism. u have to shimmy the card around the spring so that it goes all the way in. make sure the pins r on the bottom side if you're facing the vita, not towards the screen.

4. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    solder not firmly making a connection ... probably looks good but missing communication ?

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the dust jacket to the game card port should be able to close with the sd2vita inserted. where did u buy yours from?

6. manelscout4life

manelscout4life Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]

It's all the way in.

I've reseated it a good 15 times not once did I see the access light flicker.

I've tried with enso and just with henkaku.

I've tried with both available gamesd.skprx

I've tried with tape and without.

I've tried with two different microSD's, formatted in windows and linux.

I bought it from ps_freedom (modsiah) on ebay. We'll see if he sends me a replacement or if I have to order a new one.

Sorry OP for jacking your thread a bit.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I bought mine from modsiah as well. maybe it's a dud? I'm not sure if each individual sd2vita is tested, so maybe you should ask him. I hope you both get your cards sorted. I almost thought mine was broken as well 'til I realized it had to be pushed in all the way. I've had no issues with it since then.

8. Bochi
    OP

Bochi Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2016
    That's exactly what's happening to me.

alucard_xs likes this.
  9. aclearersky

aclearersky GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2013
    United States
    I was having this same issue with mine which I just purchased the board then soldered the sd card adapter on it. Even though my connections looked fine I had to redo the soldering job and it works fine now. Getting it to sit 100% correct in the cartridge slow is kinda hard as well. But I would say that the soldering job is off especially if you arnt getting anything at all in terms of light from the game socket.

Last edited by aclearersky, Aug 6, 2017
    retrofan_k likes this.
  10. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I'd reflow the points, as there might be a dry joint somewhere.

mech likes this.
  11. bewitched

bewitched GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Europe
    Had the same problem, the pins should be facing the back of the vita if you slide the adapter in.
    At first it looks like it doen't fit that way because the other way around it slides in very easy... :wink:

12. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    I agree with retrofan. There's probably a bad solder joint. Just take a 15w iron to it till the solder flows a bit then remove the iron to reflow it. Also make sure the pins face the rear touchpad and that the adapter PCB is completely inserted. Took me a good 2 hours to get mine situated but it's finally working.

13. Muhxiv

Muhxiv Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Germany
    Hi, I came across this Problem, too.
    But it was my own fault somewhere my config.txt was replaced with the standard one and of course the line "ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx" was missing. As I opened the config.txt I misread this line "# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here"
    So just check if your config maybe lost this entry, too
    The LED on the VitaSlot is not light up when the entry to the .skprx is missing (That set me off-trail because I assumed it should at least light up shortly)

(I feel so stupid, tried tape and resoldered the MicroSD and everything lost about 3 hours because im stupid xD)

14. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sorry to barge in but I got mine today and am having a freaking nightmare.

I have enso installed and working fine.

So I followed this tutorial for format and set up tai config:

https://hackinformer.com/2017/07/29/properly-format-sd-sd2vita-adapter-set-vita/

I followed it to the letter, restarted the vita, and it asked to format the card, which I did,.... and thats where my pain begins :(

Now my 16gb actual vita memory card seems formatted... everything gone.... (everything GUTTED)

Taking that out and restarting the vita with just SD2vita in, enso starts and it AGAIN asks to format card, and fails....

I know its a good 64gb micro SD, it was from N3DS XL I have.

Any ideas? I cant solder, so if its that I'm screwed...

Taking card out enso boots fine, but obviously everything is gone and I can even remember how I would get vitashell back on :(

Such a noob :( Halp plox?

15. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2015
    Germany
    Had the same problem today... please check really the solder connections! This was the fault with one of my adapters! If just one single pin isnt correctly soldered then it wont work! and for the first look it really looked good soldered but it wasnt - because the second adapter worked fine. then i looked under the microscope and saw there wasnt soldered correctly!

16. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    UPDATE:

OK so I found another 4gb VITA memory card, formatted it and its working, managed to remove spoof, load henkaku (wouldnt work without memcard or spoof) and reinstall molecular shell... THEN enabled unsafe, used molecular to delete gamecardsd.skprx and reload taihen, now my original 16gb is working again (PHEW)... but fuck: all my shit is GONE... and adrenalin..... any way to get ePSP cfw again with literally a vanilla 3.60 enso installation?

Thanks in advance!

17. fixx1983

fixx1983 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2014
    Italy
    I suppose the PSV is still activated. In that case you can use ePSP Bubble Installer from CelesteBlue.

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

18. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Yeah I had problems when I first started it too but I don't have Enso and am still using the online installer for now. The key was ensuring that my SD had a COMPLETE 1:1 copy of my Vita memory card if using USB to transfer the contents do this in Windows:

For Windows 7 :
    1. Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
    2. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
    3. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
    4. Make sure the Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended) is unchecked.
    If you don't do this before copying your memory card over USB you will not get EVERY file on it when you copy and this was the cause of my problems.

Hope this helps somewhat.

19. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Maybe. You're supposed to turn off your vita before inserting/removing it. You might have fucked yours if you haven't been doing this.

20. manelscout4life

manelscout4life Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Maybe it was already fucked up from the start. Got a replacement today and it has no issues.

Zidapi, SonsofOcelot and KiiWii like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice