Hacking SD2Vita is not working on Henkaku 3.68

devon411

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
i think i give up.... i spend lots of hours for nothing.... same shit as before
I tried, same as you, for 2 days without results. My vita would r3start when launching hencore after i modified the tai config in ur0 and deleted it from ux0 etc. I followed the instructions to a T. Thing is, I saw a post recommending celest blue's vita storagemgr plugin ( i cant post hyperlink) just google it.

It worked 1st try.
Give it a go.

Last edited by devon411,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already had Henkaku installed and working with my already-set-up SD2Vita card, running perfectly on 3.60. Didn't have any issues until I successfully updated using h-encore.

That's the only reason I didn't need to follow the first set of instructions, and to this moment, I still have no idea how I got StorageManager to work. I wish I could be more helpful beyond posting the screenshots of my config.txt and my tai folder setup.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you put the full path as where ux0 should go on your mSD card?
You don't move ux0. ux0 is the root. You move everything inside ux0 to the root of the SD.

FYI: If you guys wanted to use SD2Vita and your Sony card on a Vita 1000 just use StorageMgr.

Replace gamesd.skprx with storagemgr.skprx, replace the line in config for gamesd with "ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx".

Backup your uma0 and ux0. Swap the contents BUT: make sure you copy app/ PCSG90096 to BOTH so you can run the exploit.

Open storage_config.txt and change values so it looks like this:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0

After rebooting and running the exploit your Vita will now use the SD2Vita as ux0 and the default installation location for games and apps. Your Sony card will now be uma0 which is treated as expanded storage. Adrenaline can use this as the location for the emulated memory card, and you can also use it as ROM storage for emulators.

Last edited by Priestiality,
Reactions: WeedZ

pillemats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
You don't move ux0. ux0 is the root. You move everything inside ux0 to the root of the SD.

FYI: If you guys wanted to use SD2Vita and your Sony card on a Vita 1000 just use StorageMgr.

Replace gamesd.skprx with storagemgr.skprx, replace the line in config for gamesd with "ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx".

Backup your uma0 and ux0. Swap the contents BUT: make sure you copy app/ PCSG90096 to BOTH so you can run the exploit.

Open storage_config.txt and change values so it looks like this:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0

After rebooting and running the exploit your Vita will now use the SD2Vita as ux0 and the default installation location for games and apps. Your Sony card will now be uma0 which is treated as expanded storage. Adrenaline can use this as the location for the emulated memory card, and you can also use it as ROM storage for emulators.

i will try that ! where is the folder uma0 ? i cant find in vita shell
should i delete tai folder after copy the files from ux0 to sd

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I did the exact same thing haha none of the guides are clear about not doing that.
If you think about it, when you mount the SD to replace ux0, you want the contents of ux0 there. Not another folder then the ux0 contents.

If you replaced the HDD in your computer for a larger one, you would copy the contents of c: to the new drive's root. Not make a folder called c on the new drive.

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm missing something here. I've got the sd2vita working (I can see my big SD card in the system settings) but none of my games are showing up on the home screen. When I try to launch vitashell to refresh the live area, it says that it is corrupted. I think it would work just fine if I could refresh the live area...

• The contents of ux0 are on my SD card
  • ux0:tai/config.txt moved to ur0:tai
  • added 'ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx' under *KERNEL
  • added storagemgr.skprx to ur0:tai

I'm not really sure what I could be doing wrong =\

EDIT: I should also add that if I mount MCD to ux0 and GCD to uma0 in the storage_config.txt, it works fine. I really think it's just an issue with me not having a way to refresh the live area to load data from the SD card that gets mounted to ux0 after running h-encore

Last edited by yesimnathan,

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm missing something here. I've got the sd2vita working (I can see my big SD card in the system settings) but none of my games are showing up on the home screen. When I try to launch vitashell to refresh the live area, it says that it is corrupted. I think it would work just fine if I could refresh the live area...

• The contents of ux0 are on my SD card
  • ux0:tai/config.txt moved to ur0:tai
  • added 'ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx' under *KERNEL
  • added storagemgr.skprx to ur0:tai

I'm not really sure what I could be doing wrong =\

EDIT: I should also add that if I mount MCD to ux0 and GCD to uma0 in the storage_config.txt, it works fine. I really think it's just an issue with me not having a way to refresh the live area to load data from the SD card that gets mounted to ux0 after running h-encore
Did you have hidden folders enabled when you copied everything? If they have the same contents it should swap just fine unless your SD has issues. You wrote zzBlank to it and formatted with exFAT and default size before using it yes?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who feels like they set everything up right and it's still not working. make sure your sd2vita adapter did not die on you. I had issues too when it turned out that i have to use another adapter.

wooterwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think about it, when you mount the SD to replace ux0, you want the contents of ux0 there. Not another folder then the ux0 contents.

If you replaced the HDD in your computer for a larger one, you would copy the contents of c: to the new drive's root. Not make a folder called c on the new drive.
Yeah it's super obvious when i figured out that my issue was that haha. It just took me longer than i would like to admit/Testing and trying to fix every other possible problem that it could be haha.

Reactions: WeedZ

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have hidden folders enabled when you copied everything? If they have the same contents it should swap just fine unless your SD has issues. You wrote zzBlank to it and formatted with exFAT and default size before using it yes?

I'm actually using linux & could see all of the file etc... I wrote zeros to the entire sd card with 'dd'.

I've actually figured out a somewhat-hacky solution.
  • Install h-encore
  • Install henkaku via h-encore
  • Install vitashell via h-encore
  • Install AppStorageManager - https://bitbucket.org/Lupo511/appstoragemanager/downloads/
  • Use AppStorageManager to install VitaShell to the internal memory of your vita (ur0)
  • Setup StorageMgr as usual
  • Delete ux0:tai/config.txt
  • Copy contents of ux0 to the root of SD card
  • Turn off Vita
  • Install SD2Vita
  • Power on Vita
  • Install henkaku via h-encore (on your Vita memory card which is still mounted to ux0)
  • When you exit h-encore, your vita will sleep & load your kernel modules (StorageMgr in this case)
  • Now you should be able to launch VitaShell
  • In VitaShell, press Triangle & select "Refresh LiveArea"
If all goes well, your apps that live on the SD card will be loaded on the home screen. You might need to Refresh the LiveArea a few times to get all of your apps to load (no idea why)

I should also add that I deleted all of ux0 after copying its contents to the SD card. That made it pretty easy to tell that the right apps had been loaded when I Refreshed the LiveArea.

EDIT: It seems like you won't have to refresh the livearea with VitaShell everytime. I've rebooted a couple of times since trying this and haven't had to. YMMV

Last edited by yesimnathan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, every single version of the sd2vita seems to have problems. I'm using version 4 (if you want to call it that). I think version 5 doesn't make complete contact with the game slot, so it can force formats on you if it's not just right. I own a version 1 and version 2 as well. the only one that gave me trouble was version 1 since you have to push it down in there. lol

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually using linux & could see all of the file etc... I wrote zeros to the entire sd card with 'dd'.

I've actually figured out a somewhat-hacky solution.
  • Install h-encore
  • Install henkaku via h-encore
  • Install vitashell via h-encore
  • Install AppStorageManager - https://bitbucket.org/Lupo511/appstoragemanager/downloads/
  • Use AppStorageManager to install VitaShell to the internal memory of your vita (ur0)
  • Setup StorageMgr as usual
  • Delete ux0:tai/config.txt
  • Copy contents of ux0 to the root of SD card
  • Turn off Vita
  • Install SD2Vita
  • Power on Vita
  • Install henkaku via h-encore (on your Vita memory card which is still mounted to ux0)
  • When you exit h-encore, your vita will sleep & load your kernel modules (StorageMgr in this case)
  • Now you should be able to launch VitaShell
  • In VitaShell, press Triangle & select "Refresh LiveArea"
If all goes well, your apps that live on the SD card will be loaded on the home screen. You might need to Refresh the LiveArea a few times to get all of your apps to load (no idea why)

I should also add that I deleted all of ux0 after copying its contents to the SD card. That made it pretty easy to tell that the right apps had been loaded when I Refreshed the LiveArea.

EDIT: It seems like you won't have to refresh the livearea with VitaShell everytime. I've rebooted a couple of times since trying this and haven't had to. YMMV

The only thing you left out is that you need NoNpDRM installed. That is what was preventing all of my installed games from showing after using VitaShell to Refresh Live Area.

Reactions: yesimnathan

jumpingspoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any advice on keeping the Sony card your main memory as ux0 and the sd2vita uma0? Im on 3.68 h-encore. I followed a guide on youtube but it didnt work but there is possibly my fault. After my games wouldnt load and I had to reset the tai config I think. Step by step guide would be cool. I just want to use my Sony card as the main cause its bigger than my sd card right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Neither both want to bone me
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris