France

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to put an sd card on the wii u with loadiine (i guess, or other homebrews) XD
well, loadiine_gx2.elf is in this directories :
F:\wiiu\apps\

There is also a www folder in the same path with a lot of files in it

Hammerain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming homebrew or some apps are on your SD card, is it formatted correctly? I got an SD mount error when my card was formatted as a logical drive instead of primary. It also needs to be FAT32 if it's not.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same problem yesterday, you could try this :

1. You need to format your SD card with FAT32. You can do it with Windows as long as your SD card has 32GB or less. Otherwise you have to download special software for it, like EaseUS Partition Master. When it asks you for the cluster size I would recomend 32k, but you can also choose 64k.
2. If you did this and still get the error (which happened in my case), you can try to format it with ExFAT or NTFS in Windows and then reformat it again with FAT32. I had to repeat this step 7 or 8 times until it was working with loadiine.

Maybe this will help you out

Reactions: RealityNinja

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think this should also be mentioned in the sticky threads.
Even if most of the people don´t have any problems with their SD card, some people like me do^^

JPOrtiz831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64k clusters primary drive instead of logical seems to be working, 32k works too if 64k doesn't work but try 64k first. I have 2 64gb sd cards I even just got my 128gb sd card working with 64k clusters primary.. hasn't said sd mount failed yet... I even got super Mario 3d world working and a bunch more

D

Deleted User

well, loadiine_gx2.elf is in this directories :
F:\wiiu\apps\

There is also a www folder in the same path with a lot of files in it
loadiine_gx2.elf should be in its own folder (this also applies to all HBL homebrew), so that it looks like this:
F:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\loadiine_gx2.elf

Delete the www folder on your SD Card, it really isn't necessary. The files in the www folder are probably files that belong on a self-host server.

Jazzmarazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for bumping an old thread but I came across the same issue. This was the third SD card I have set-up for someone for a WiiU and had gone through the same process of formatting as FAT32 with 32KB or 64KB clusters. The only difference here was that this card is 64GBs instead of 16 or 32 like the others.

The solution was to switch the partition from Logical to Primary. Doing so doesn't even delete any of the contents, so that was convenient.
I don't think "Primary" has been stressed enough in many of the online tutorials for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill