ROM Hack WIP sd gundam genesis english translation

TeraNom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I've extracted the XCI and have seen there is English translation for all major menu's and platform exists there. but as there is no level translation exist, I think bandai removed English language option from menu.
I've edited the sources and done it, but the problem is, as this is my first time doing this, how to pack all together to XCI again?? is there any tutorial for that?

for info, all game has packed in CPK file, just like pes2017 or other japanese titles, and I've edited in and modified version has been repacked again to that CPK file. but repack it with main XCI is missing.

here are the languages I've modified to exist right now:
english
japanese
korean
schinese
tchinese

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you repack to xci, you can't share it and it'll be only for you.
if you want to build XCI, you can try this tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-builder.516977/

currently, all game mod projects are using the LayeredFS method to replace the files in realtime, loading the modified files from SD card.
If you plan to share your finding, you can't provide any game files, and you'll have to generate a xdelta or another patch format.

ranzou

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've extracted the XCI and have seen there is English translation for all major menu's and platform exists there. but as there is no level translation exist, I think bandai removed English language option from menu.
I've edited the sources and done it, but the problem is, as this is my first time doing this, how to pack all together to XCI again?? is there any tutorial for that?

for info, all game has packed in CPK file, just like pes2017 or other japanese titles, and I've edited in and modified version has been repacked again to that CPK file. but repack it with main XCI is missing.

here are the languages I've modified to exist right now:
english
japanese
korean
schinese
tchinese

I hope you get it!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have two option to release your patch :
- tell users to extract their files from the game (you'll have to make a guide), then they have to apply the xdelta patch on the extracted file (another guide).
- make a script which extract and patch the needed files from the nsp (or xci? hactool works with xci too?), the end user only have to run it and copy the resulted files to SD.

the UnderProject team is using a script to automate everything : https://github.com/UnderProject/UnderProjectNX/blob/master/TRADUCIR.bat
The user provide its own keys and the nsp, then the batch extracts the nsp using hactool, get the game key (automatically from the tik), copy needed files to ready_layeredFS folder and apply the xdelta patch on them.
the user get a folder to copy to SD card.

Last edited by Cyan,

TeraNom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm looking to this.
- the game is only available in XCI format
- all the files have been packed to one criware packed file named internal.cpk, that is way to difficult to unpack and patch and then repack again for all users. its way tooo time consuming as its a 12GB file.
- as the packed file has no compression, its good thing, but it has CRC check multiple location for each file packed and main file

right now I'm working on best solution.

** is there anybody here that has access to sd gundam genesis for PS4 PKG? if yes, please look inside to see if there is language translation for levels as well...

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
that is way to difficult to unpack and patch and then repack again for all users.
It doesn't need to be unpacked for creating patch. It depends on how file is packed. If it doesn't have compression, then it should be no problem to create low weight patch.

TeraNom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
UPDATE:

many problems has been occurred that cant be seen at the beginning:
1- All menu items are bitmap images, not text. they've been coded as raw bitmap images with luminancy table and other complications that make it too hard to modify and change, but I've managed to do it after 2 weeks now.
2- All existed translation that I think has been imported from Vita version, missing many many things. and the lazy developer has been replaced all of them with this in translated files:
英語 Index : 747
3- I cant understand any Japanese word.
4- many complications in encoded data.

Now the good news:
- I've overcome all these problems at least at small scales.

but I've spend many many time on these problems and writing many apps to do the modifications and convert. hope It's worth after it ends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't