AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Let me take that 1000th post!

Edit:
Okay~. I'm not good at typing long stuff and excuse my grammar~. So, I will make it short.

The project is soon to be finalized and beta testing is coming to a close. A test build of initial release with and without HQ patch was made and it is found that the size between the two did not vary by a lot (~100mb). So, we are discussing how we should do this.

Anyway, this post is to congratulate everyone in the team for a job well done. Without Izzul rolling the gear, this project will never get a headstart. Without Riku and CrashmanX devoting their time to search the translatables, Pique, Clean and I might not have joined the team and provided the tools , translation and editing effort. Without Danikk and Giliel, we would have been stuck for months, pondering how do we translate the images and other hidden stuffs. Not forgetting LoakaMossi for spending a month or so with us as an editor too.

Another shout out to all fellow beta testers. Their devotion to spotting translation/grammar/presentation/cohesion/bugs/etc errors is a godsend. The beta testers who contributed the most are Blackdog91, BetaXenon and Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamamoto. All in all,we received about ~1300 reports that include what were mentioned. Maybe, we will leave a link to whoever is interested in it.

Finally, even though we beta tested the translation as much as we can. There are probably still something else that we might have missed or have different opinions on. Translation wise, I am no pro but I tried my best. I believe Clean did the best he could given how much workload he has in this project and he has been very cooperative with everyone's opinion. Again, if any future team wishes to translate library content, feel free to do so.

Last edited by AdanK85,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Added top 3 beta testers to that 'update'. It's really tiring for this kind of game and we are glad to have them help us. If other project requires beta testers and they are interested, I have no doubt that they would be a great asset.

Ohmadon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been watching this from the shadows for a few years and I'm glad you guys have gotten so far. Mad respect for everyone who's contributing to this project. Bet it wasn't easy. Can't wait till the release date from you guys.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, im new here.. will it be released with editor tool that will allow anyone to make more progress to the translation? like library or a high-resolution sprites. anyway still waiting here for the release. Note: sorry for my bad english, i never learn it

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Erm. I think that's up to Pique and danikk. Those are their tools that they put a lot of hard work into after all. If you want to edit the library with our latest tool, danikk might have to tweak a bit more of his tool. With Pique's tool, we managed to extract ~120++ pages (or was it 200++?) of essays. Never really tried reinserting as we currently don't plan on doing that at all.

As for the release, it will most likely (95%) be this week, tying up some loose ends.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thx for the reply i appreciate all of your guys effort to this project, it is possible to put hi-res texture on PSP image or i just have to tinker with PPSSPP replacement texture?, i see its possible to replace it with old/new G Gen game from PS2/PS4.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The translation comes with the HQ patch build in which has higher quality textures than the base game (and works on the PSP), howecer due to technical limitations actual increase in texture resolution can be only done with PPSSPP, and unfurtunatelly there are many limitations on what can and can't be replaced with that feature as well (I really wish I could have made the unit sprites better than they are now).

raphael654

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erm. I think that's up to Pique and danikk. Those are their tools that they put a lot of hard work into after all. If you want to edit the library with our latest tool, danikk might have to tweak a bit more of his tool. With Pique's tool, we managed to extract ~120++ pages (or was it 200++?) of essays. Never really tried reinserting as we currently don't plan on doing that at all.

As for the release, it will most likely (95%) be this week, tying up some loose ends.

Great to hear! Just finished up genesis looking forward to playing this one

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

wait, what? this week you say? all hail the team

DragonFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a lot for making this. Some of your fellow game translators at romhacking.net (SRW A Portable) informed me about this project. So nice to see that you're close to the finish line! :toot:

Geogetski666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this been anticipating since mid 2016 i stumbled upon this translation on a forum since then been looking at the progress almost everyday :)
will tell all my filipino friends about this translation thank you very very much :)

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The translation comes with the HQ patch build in which has higher quality textures than the base game (and works on the PSP), howecer due to technical limitations actual increase in texture resolution can be only done with PPSSPP, and unfurtunatelly there are many limitations on what can and can't be replaced with that feature as well (I really wish I could have made the unit sprites better than they are now).
danikk you mean wrong UV placement? probably that can be trick out with some code that will resize(UV) it to actual replacement(texture/base) on PPSSPP but i doubt they are implemented yet, still i will try to do it on PPSSPP and i really understand there's limitation to PSP actual hardware too :).

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
danikk you mean wrong UV placement? probably that can be trick out with some code that will resize(UV) it to actual replacement(texture/base) on PPSSPP but i doubt they are implemented yet, still i will try to do it on PPSSPP and i really understand there's limitation to PSP actual hardware too :).
No, the issue is that PPSSPP always works with texture that are power of 2 size (64, 128, 256, 512 etc.). but the game uses textures of different size as well (mainly 96*96 for sprites, 384*384 for attack textures), and PPSSPP dumps these as 128*128 and 512*512 respectively, including a bunch of random junk from the memory to fill out the image. Since the random junk is well... random, the texture hash changes every time and I can't "lock on" onto the textures for replacement.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No, the issue is that PPSSPP always works with texture that are power of 2 size (64, 128, 256, 512 etc.). but the game uses textures of different size as well (mainly 96*96 for sprites, 384*384 for attack textures), and PPSSPP dumps these as 128*128 and 512*512 respectively, including a bunch of random junk from the memory to fill out the image. Since the random junk is well... random, the texture hash changes every time and I can't "lock on" onto the textures for replacement.
there's no possiblity to insert hi-res directly into the iso only for PPSSPP?, since most game can accept any size texture with the possibility of performance impact but barely i figure out fix for those multiple 2 problem on PPSSPP but i have to locate every hash for a single texture that is really... tiring. i will post here if is any progress on Hi-Res, particularly on Attack Sprites.

Last edited by akanerin7,

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
problem fixed(standby and moving in map sprites but it should possible for defence/attack sprite on cinematic), i just have to use some wildcard and clean the mess from dump and work like magic but looks like game are like to store data into few different address but that can be stored into ini for replacement method, mainly i only search for last 8 digit so PPSSPP will only lookup for it under-play.
(use savestate to check its working or not then replay it without savestate for another address lookup)
2cs6yq8.jpg

Example:
[hashes]
0000000000000000c7130235 = 097f1390dd1179a2c7130235.png
00000000000000000d067a63 = 0979c7f064f356750d067a63.png
[hashranges]
c7130235,128,128 = 192,192
0d067a63,128,128 = 256,256
Note: use wildcard 0000000000000000 to locate data directly and use last 8 digit (Example:c7130235) for resolution use exact one to alter with.
Example c7130235 are 128 128 originally have trash on it so i resize it to 256 256 and the only clean one are 192 192 (use this) and also i prefer to clean the trash with transparance. probably you should use other wildcard too if not working.(check https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/8792)

Last edited by akanerin7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.