sd formatted without backup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RaMon90, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RaMon90
    OP

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I know i was stupid and formatted by forgetting to back up, however i managed to recover the deleted files. The question would be can i restore my games and everything or it's all gone?
    I'm not really sad or mad, I don't play the old games anymore.

2. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    If you don't have a Nand backup or a savedata backup, I'm afraid your SOL

3. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Isn't there any kind of magic that can restore without nand backup? Now i'm sad and all that 26 gb files useless i guess. Reinstalling is a pain.

4. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    You would need something to restore. Reinstalling is a pain yes. With the new release of the Freeshop, you can download everything while you sleep. As for your saves, they cannont be recovered unless backed up with a save manager

5. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I think i have extracted 1 emunand before doing the boot9strap, doesn't that help me?

6. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    It might actually, yes. I could be wrong, but you should be able to install the emunand as your Sysnand. However, I would look up a tutorial on converting Emunand to Sysnand just to make sure you can.
    Back in the very old days of A9LH when we had to downgrade our emunand to 2.1, we were able to inject our emunand into our sysnand.
    I can only assume that we are still able to do something similar today.

Quantumcat and RaMon90 like this.
  7. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I don't want to take a risk and brick the console, maybe if anyone confirms.
    I do have some save backups but its on another desktop and it's 900 km away.
    Thanks anyways for the help

8. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    if you have boot9strap installed, there is no risk. Just make a Nand backup now and store it on your computer. Once you do that, try to install your emunand as your sysnand. If it doesnt work, no big deal, just restore the Nand we just made

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well, you can you have someone upload the file to mega? then you can download it and install it to your system.

9. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Nobody is there, that's not the problem.
    About the emunand, I can't do that anymore as the option emunans virtual disappeared because i formated to gtm09 or something.

Then again it's my fault, I skipped the back up part. Lesson learned, the only good thing is i have installed b9s without any problems and updated latest firmware unlike rxtools which is death.

10. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    It is death. Hopefully you can get this all worked out. Good luck

11. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I have an idea, I don't know if it works. I try to format with gateway and make emunand. 2nd i use emunand tool and inject nand the emunand. Then last try with emunand virtual.

12. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    I don't know anything about gateway, but i do know that that you can load an emunand within luma settings. You can maybe try that.

13. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Can anybody tell me what file name save files got? Example bla bla bla.rar but i forgot the name.