Hardware SD Card Corrupted

LOCC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all, today is a sad day for me and my 3ds, suddenly all my data is gone :/

All my games, saves, apps etc are gone...
3ds was fine, played a lot on it, i'm desperate for help.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me, so much time on pokemon games and now I lost my saves... In last case i only need to recover the save files.

Did not mess with the SD card yet because I'm afraid I could do worse... Everytime I boot the console it gives me a warning telling that the it was unable to reed the card.

Don't know if this info is relevant but I'm really desperate :|

When the card corrupted I was on playing Twilighmenu++ and it would not boot (always white screen)

Days before my Pokemon soulsilver reverted the save back because the file was corrupted!

Specs:
N3DsXl
64Gb Card
Sys 11.10 Luma Cfw (Frogminer)
PS: Sorry for bad English, if this is not the best place to post this please indicate me

Reactions: LPCC12

LOCC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here's someone going through a similiar situation.
Thanks, I had seen it before posting, my situation is quite different.. I don't have any icon on the screen (even my themes and so are gone) and I'm unable to open content management in settings, otherwise I will be prompt to format the card.... My objective is to recover the saves and then format if there's no other solution... Anyway thank you for the quick response :) Do you think doing the same process will help me? Thanks in advance

Last edited by LOCC,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I had seen it before posting, my situation is quite different.. I don't have any icon on the screen (even my themes and so are gone) and I'm unable to open content management in settings, otherwise I will be prompt to format the card.... My objective is to recover the saves and then format if there's no other solution... Anyway thank you for the quick response :) Do you think doing the same process will help me? Thanks in advance
It will work just the same so long as your saves weren't affected by the corruption. Titles not listed on HOME Menu and Data Management is due to messed up title.db and import.db (damaged database).

If you have a spare SD card that is equal or bigger than your current one you're using, copy your stuff over and do the setup rebuilding on that one.

Remember, only work with a card that has passed hardware inspection with H2testw.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A warning for everyone: Always make bakcups, at least from your savefiles.

And back on topic, I'm terrible sorry you have lost access to your data.

In case is damage to the SD partitions or hardware, I would recommend to try EasUS Recovery Wizard, it can check for damaged sectors in the disk and try to recover most of the data if possible. Otherwise, Try what TurdPooCharger told you.

Last edited by DSoryu,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all, today is a sad day for me and my 3ds, suddenly all my data is gone :/

All my games, saves, apps etc are gone...
3ds was fine, played a lot on it, i'm desperate for help.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me, so much time on pokemon games and now I lost my saves... In last case i only need to recover the save files.

Did not mess with the SD card yet because I'm afraid I could do worse... Everytime I boot the console it gives me a warning telling that the it was unable to reed the card.

Don't know if this info is relevant but I'm really desperate :|

When the card corrupted I was on playing Twilighmenu++ and it would not boot (always white screen)

Days before my Pokemon soulsilver reverted the save back because the file was corrupted!

Specs:
N3DsXl
64Gb Card
Sys 11.10 Luma Cfw (Frogminer)
PS: Sorry for bad English, if this is not the best place to post this please indicate me
Sounds like a corrupted card. You may be able to recover data with something like GetDataBack or Recuva. I personally like GetDataBack since it seems to do a far more thorough job resulting in more files recovered, but it's not free. You can probably find it floating around somewhere. ;)
Where did you buy your card? It could be random corruption but it could also be a fake card.

dalimartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dalimartin,

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have this situation before in the past have a similar problem.. i didn retrieve it all the games and the missed pictures :( .I have my old 3ds aqua.

To restore all the functions from my sdcard i nuked it and format with Godmode9 script.

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this situation before in the past have a similar problem.. i didn retrieve it all the games and the missed pictures :( .iIhave in my old 3ds aqua.

To restore all the functions from my sdcard i nuked it and format with Godmode9 script.
if that was your card that did corrupt. You are going to want to test the card with https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html . Run the test with the card fully empty. If there is any errors that get reported, that does mean if you continue to use that card you are going to be looking at data corruption again.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if that was your card that did corrupt. You are going to want to test the card with . Run the test with the card fully empty. If there is any errors that get reported, that does mean if you continue to use that card you are going to be looking at data corruption again.
Yep i did that before ..so i changed to a better microsd 64 gb sandisk.I bought that microsd from my local walmart store.In 1 week i will receive two 128 microsd cards from aliexpress.Those cards have been selling much and have a lot of reviewers.I cant post the link so you can have the number product here:R0007CHB.If you want a photo for the goodies i will share it when i have my package in my possesion xD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep i did that before ..so i changed to a better microsd 64 gb sandisk.I bought that microsd from my local walmart store.In 1 week i will receive two 128 microsd cards from aliexpress.Those cards have been selling much and have a lot of reviewers.I cant post the link so you can have the number product here:R0007CHB.If you want a photo for the goodies i will share it when i have my package in my possesion xD
OSMR sells fake SD cards. From their aliexpress listing with the most orders, read the feedbacks with pictures; those who bought capacities bigger than 32 GB reported failed H2testw results.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OSMR sells fake SD cards. From their aliexpress listing with the most orders, read the feedbacks with pictures; those who bought capacities bigger than 32 GB reported failed H2testw results.
Thank you i will dont worry too much.I will get a refund and the seller gets negative reviews.I have in my possesion some mixza cards and their brand its good.I can post the results right now with the program you provide.Its not my first purchase in aliexpress ,i will buy only generic parts for gadgets and videogames.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you i will dont worry too much.I will get a refund and the seller gets negative reviews.I have in my possesion some mixza cards and their brand its good.I can post the results right now with the program you provide.
No need. I'm good with SD cards. In fact, I have a personal shit list of companies I steer people away from when it comes to buying flash products.

Anyone in the US market looking for an micro SD card, check my signature.

Reactions: JaNDeRPeiCH

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No need. I'm good with SD cards. In fact, I have a personal shit list of companies I steer people away from when it comes to buying flash products.

Anyone in the US market looking for an micro SD card, check my signature.
Good for you.Here in México searching for a good cheap microsd its difficult and the taxes to all the electronics not help too much even have a "big discount".Thats why i buy only generic electronics&accesories videogames in china.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.