SD card broke, 3DS blue light turns off

Pixiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basically I was following the 3ds hack guide, randomly at one point when I was nearly finished my sd card glitched out and I had to remove it - it didn't seem like a big deal...

Except now my 3DS blue light turns off immediately after turning it on, I checked my SD card... Every single file on it is gone. It deleted everything.

I have no idea how to fix this at all, everything on there is gone and that honestly sucks so bad but the fact my 3DS is not turning on either?? I just want to scream, how do I fix this?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to follow this and format, now my computer doesn't recognise that it has an SD card???
Did you start over with a new, empty SD card? Because if you're still getting problems with a new SD card, then that means you have a faulty SD card reader. If you are using a microSD card in an adapter, then the adapter might be faulty.

If you're still trying to use the old SD card, then what did you expect..? Even if Windows has problems detecting it, you might be able to recover data with a standard PC recovery utility like Testdisk or EaseUS.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So basically I was following the 3ds hack guide, randomly at one point when I was nearly finished my sd card glitched out and I had to remove it - it didn't seem like a big deal...

Except now my 3DS blue light turns off immediately after turning it on, I checked my SD card... Every single file on it is gone. It deleted everything.

I have no idea how to fix this at all, everything on there is gone and that honestly sucks so bad but the fact my 3DS is not turning on either?? I just want to scream, how do I fix this?
SD card glitched out? Can you elaborate?
Tried to follow this and format, now my computer doesn't recognise that it has an SD card???
Use a different SD card, it sounds like your SD card might be dead.
Does sound like B9S was installed successfully, at least.

Pixiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New sd card and reader on their way, will update tomorrow if I can get it fixed oof. The reader had a habit of disconnecting so that might be why it broke the sd card? But either way, it's fully dead now. Very stressed for my 3ds and sad that I've lost everything that was on there.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reader had a habit of disconnecting so that might be why it broke the sd card?
That is extremely likely, yes! FAT32 is very susceptible to corruption in such circumstances.

But either way, it's fully dead now.
Not sure if you're referring to the card or the reader..?

Very stressed for my 3ds and sad that I've lost everything that was on there.
Like I said, recovery software might still be useful.

All you really should be concerned about is your save data; everything else can be recovered one way or another.

Pixiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The SD card is very dead! Everything on it was completely unrecoverable.

BUT New one arrived and my 3ds is now working again! All my save data got completely destroyed but that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E