ROM Hack ScummVM-DS and Zak McKraken

SubElement

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if I can get a little help with ScummVM. I have the FM Towns version of Zak McKraken, and I am trying to get music to work. I've followed the instructions on the website, and used Winamp to convert the music mp3's I have, into IMA ADPCM WAV format. This is the only program I know that does it. If there is something better, let me know.

Okay, this is where things go wrong. I place the the WAV music files back into the directory, and zip it up ready to compile ROM, as I am using the G6 Lite. When I startup ScummVM, there is still no music, and when I look at the console it says it can't find the .wav file.

Am I doing something wrong?

P.S. I just realised I posted this in the 'NDS - Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations' forum, not sure if this is meant to go in the Emulation forum, sorry if it is.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Do other Lucasarts games work?

Can't you just transfer files to the G6 without zipping and compiling? I think zipping only works with GBA and DS ROMs.

Do you have to zip and compile homebrew too? I think you can't do that with homebrew.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
veho: you're way off on this one.

You have to use a zipfile to create a ScummVM pack that can run on the G6. It's due to the lack of fat drivers.

You also cannot run zipped GBA/DS games on any cart. Some carts have compression, but they are not zip.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat