ScummVM 2.1.0 Update !

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by alexander1970, Nov 2, 2019.

1. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    So if I am to understand this right, games will load faster when running through WiiFlow than when running through the ScummVM menu?

2. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    No it's not wiiflow related, the official and the 2.1.0 test build in the opening post are slow.

The modified mod18 has a diifferent code and loads faster. It has other changes you'll see in the Readme. It can be used as a WiiFlow plugin or through Homebrew Channel as well.

Not sure about blade runner crashes. Perhaps Ram issues again?

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    I tried mod18 from the HBC and it seems that it's not freezing anymore, even after 1h+ of gameplay. Tried it several times.
    From Wiiflow the lock-ups are random, but sooner or later they happen.

There is also a showstopping bug, though, but it's already been addressed and fixed in ScummVM (not wii related): when you start Chapter 2, the Tyrell building is missing from your map so you can't go there and advance with the story.

4. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    If it's a freeze more than a code dump, perhaps it could be the hdd sleeping for some reason.
    In fact, in the very first mods, Fix94 added a function to wake up usb drives. I've removed since I was concentrating on other bugs. Now, I guess it was there for a reason. I'll try put this code back when I have time.

5. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Yes, I should have mentioned that I was getting freezing issues and no code dumps.
    The freezes are occurring in other games too:
    Might & Magic 4 - Clouds of Xeen
    Might & Magic 5 - Darkside of Xeen
    Zork - Great Inquisitor

Maybe they happen in other games too, but I just focused on these games.

The strange part however, is that last night I tried booting Scummvm from the HBC, and I was able to play Blade Runner for over an hour without any freeze. Normally, it would freeze
    I also tried to stop playing for several minutes until the wiimote disconnected, but after that the game resumed without issues. I will try again to see if I was just lucky

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted