Hacking SCUMM VM on AceKard

Electric_Wizard

OP
Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
I have a whole bunch of Lucas Arts point and click games and I'm trying to get them to run on my AceKard using the latest version of SCUMM DS. The program loads ok but it won't recognise any of the games. When I find the correct directory it says no game found. Infact, when you look in the directories from inside SCUMM it comes up with odd files that aren't really there at all.

Has anyone got this working? Only thing I haven't tried is running it off the NAND so that'll be my next move. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a whole bunch of Lucas Arts point and click games and I'm trying to get them to run on my AceKard using the latest version of SCUMM DS. The program loads ok but it won't recognise any of the games. When I find the correct directory it says no game found. Infact, when you look in the directories from inside SCUMM it comes up with odd files that aren't really there at all.

Has anyone got this working? Only thing I haven't tried is running it off the NAND so that'll be my next move. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Sounds like your filesystem is corrupt, you should backup everything and then reformat and try again.

Electric_Wizard

OP
Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
I did actually get Sam & Max to work eventually. Save files are always corrupt though unfortunately. I got bored trying to fix it (short attention span, particularly when I have over 150 other games sitting on the system).

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you try reformatting it yet?

I am almost positive that will fix your problem. To be completely sure you have everything working and it is not your ROMs that are bad try the ROMs on a PC emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup