SCUMM VM on AceKard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Electric_Wizard, Feb 3, 2008.

Feb 3, 2008

SCUMM VM on AceKard by Electric_Wizard at 11:33 AM (2,247 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have a whole bunch of Lucas Arts point and click games and I'm trying to get them to run on my AceKard using the latest version of SCUMM DS. The program loads ok but it won't recognise any of the games. When I find the correct directory it says no game found. Infact, when you look in the directories from inside SCUMM it comes up with odd files that aren't really there at all.

Has anyone got this working? Only thing I haven't tried is running it off the NAND so that'll be my next move. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

2. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Sounds like your filesystem is corrupt, you should backup everything and then reformat and try again.

3. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    Yeah, late post, but I got Beneath a Steel Sky working fine on my RPG.

4. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I did actually get Sam & Max to work eventually. Save files are always corrupt though unfortunately. I got bored trying to fix it (short attention span, particularly when I have over 150 other games sitting on the system).

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Did you try reformatting it yet?

I am almost positive that will fix your problem. To be completely sure you have everything working and it is not your ROMs that are bad try the ROMs on a PC emulator.

6. superrab

Newcomer superrab Member

United States
    Make sure you are running the correct SCUMMVM .nds file. I know that there are maybe 4-6 different .nds files A-F or something like that which each recognize only specific games.

The list of which game goes with which build is found here: http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#whichgames

Hopefully that helps.