Gaming Scribblenauts Parser Glitch/Cheat

caffeinekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sad to say I have discovered a potentially game-breaking problem with the parser that completely destroys the fun of advanced mode (where you have to do the same level three times in a row without repeating the objects you have used).

Don't read the spoiler unless you can resist - I'm trying to, but as the levels get more complicated I may give in.

I was doing the level with all the metal spikes and put a table over the one under the starite the first time, so thought I would try putting a different type of table over on the second attempt.

I put in "PINBALL TABLE" which rather annoyingly gave me another normal wooden table.

Sooo.. I thought I'd try a different one "DINING TABLE" which gave me the identical table again...

Basically you can prefix a working word with *anything* and it will work and count as a unique item, even putting garbage characters in front.

"A TABLE"
"COFFEE TABLE"
"JJ TABLE"
"ARSE TABLE"

All unique.

"JET PACK" "MY JET PACK" "HIS JET PACK" "THEIR JET PACK" etc...

It won't say already used. I can't believe they didn't spot/stop this.
frown.gif

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not a bug.

Its a fallback for when the dictionary doesn't contain your word but does have one of the words contained in it.

If you go into the refresh menu you'll notice that your "unique" tables will just be given as "TABLE".

Without code intentionally added to do so, the game would give you a spelling error.

caffeinekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a2h said:
That's not a bug.

Its a fallback for when the dictionary doesn't contain your word but does have one of the words contained in it.

If you go into the refresh menu you'll notice that your "unique" tables will just be given as "TABLE".

Without code intentionally added to do so, the game would give you a spelling error.

I still consider it a bug or a problem because the dictionary fallback should say no to anything that falls back to the same base item you have already used, don't you think? It just kills advanced mode stone dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo