School stuff

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
For school we have to do a book report on myths and legends so can someone suggest to mean good myth/legend book, please not roman/Greek or the Gilgamesh one since I have already read those.

Also we have to make a toy, we were told to do it with a partner. I was thinking of making a toy car that works by the repelling force of electromagnets, my friend (partner) wants to Dona wind up toy car. If we were to make my version what size magnets would I need? The car is about 6inches and is made of styrofoam.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Norse mythology ?
Ragnarok, Odin, Valkyries, Valhalla, Nibelhungen, yggdrasil, etc.
And it's from actuality with the release of Marvel's THOR movie.

You can also check Japanese Mythology, there's a lot to read and say.
most of them are covered in Okami game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/920500-okami/faqs/45099

Legend :
Atlantis/mu ?
Shamballa, capital of Agartha, the inner earth, and Admiral Byrd's historic flight to the North Pole in 1947 (Fullmetal Alchemist's theme).

Noa ark tales all over the world's population and mythology.
A lot of people have something like the earth being under water. doing research on all their origin may be a good idea.

There are more mythology and theology, like Aztec & Maya, India, Navajo ? (ok, I don't know Navajo myth, but I think there's things to do on it)

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
You could also try Chinese Mythology, there are quite a few legends/myths in that department that are still talked of today. Many evolved into traditional holidays and celebrations.

Examples:
Chinese Zodiac - The legend of the twelve Chinese zodiac animals. Really common one, and relatively easy to do a report on.
The Princess and The Cowherd - Legend that tells the tale of a cowherd falling in love with a princess, whom happened to be a celestial being. They became a destined couple, only to be separated by a Goddess upon fury that the princess married a mortal being. When the princess was forced to return to heaven, the cowherd was told of a sacrifice he could perform to go after her, which he did. However, the Goddess separated the two by creating a river along the sky, this being the Milky Way galaxy. Once a year, magpies would form a bridge over the river so the couple could meet. This would be the origin of "Qi Xi" or Chinese Valentine's Day.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I originally wanted to do something Japanese. Might check out Norse and Chinese, what are some good mythological books?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Sop said:
I originally wanted to do something Japanese. Might check out Norse and Chinese, what are some good mythological books?

Japanese is good too. Shintoism is primarily based on myths such as Amaterasu the Sun goddess and how she made the world *light sound*. Pretty easy, just go into your local library and search, no need to ask around for the book names.

Although Egypt would probably be easier, seeing as it's mythology is really wide. There's a TON of Egyptian stuff, enough that you could make your entire project from the internet.

Norse... well I really like the Loki myths mostly, they were incredibly interesting to read as compared to the other ones.

Chinese is pretty nice too, don't know much but I know that there are quite a few decent tales.

If you want to seem unique and really smart-ass looking, try Indian mythology. Quite a few tales to be derived from Hindu texts and such. Even more unique, Maya mythology. You will look like a total smart-ass and no one in hell would know what you were talking about.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Sop said:

Japanese is good too. Shintoism is primarily based on myths such as Amaterasu the Sun goddess and how she made the world *light sound*. Pretty easy, just go into your local library and search, no need to ask around for the book names.

Although Egypt would probably be easier, seeing as it's mythology is really wide. There's a TON of Egyptian stuff, enough that you could make your entire project from the internet.

Norse... well I really like the Loki myths mostly, they were incredibly interesting to read as compared to the other ones.

Chinese is pretty nice too, don't know much but I know that there are quite a few decent tales.

If you want to seem unique and really smart-ass looking, try Indian mythology. Quite a few tales to be derived from Hindu texts and such. Even more unique, Maya mythology. You will look like a total smart-ass and no one in hell would know what
you were talking about.
I want to look smart although Japanese really does interest me (thanks to the Okami series
smile.gif
) And have read most of the norse/egyptian/Greek/Indian myths (was really interested in them when I was younger).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-