Hacking SC V3 Any special program??

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's just drag and drop, but as you may or may not know trimming roms is very useful in order to save space.
For trimming your roms I recommend using NDSTokyoTrim.

You might need to update the save-database for the Scds1 once in a while. To do that, just download the unofficial ndsinfo.dat from here and copy it into the scshell folder replacing the older ndsinfo.dat

Unofficial ndsinfo.dat is available here:
http://www.sccheats.co.uk/

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
xjuniorx said:
..wait i dont understand you mean to update my save database??? when i get its going to be out of dated of course but dont i just visit official site and download latest files/updates?
Unlike other flashkarts Scds1 doesn't use the biggest saver size available by default. Instead it uses a saver size database which contains the correct sizes for savefiles in order to conserve space. If a game isn't in the database it uses a set default saver size which of course could be set to the highest saver size available.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Unlike other flashkarts Scds1 doesn't use the biggest saver size available by default. Instead it uses a saver size database which contains the correct sizes for savefiles in order to conserve space. If a game isn't in the database it uses a set default saver size which of course could be set to the highest saver size available.

thats not true anymore the scdsone saves all saves at 512kb (4mb) it used to save them the same size as set in the ndsinfo.dat in the first few loaders that it used but not anymore
but you can use the right size save for each game but you have to put them on yourself when you start a new game

heres a bundle of blank saves you just have to give them the same name as your rom & match the size with the ndsinfo.dat blank_saves

ghhhhmr0.jpg

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
helpme said:
heres a bundle of blank saves you just have to give them the same name as your rom & match the size with the ndsinfo.dat blank_saves
Why not just update the ndsinfo.dat?

The way you do it seems like a lot more trouble than just replacing an older ndsinfo.dat with a newer one.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Why not just update the ndsinfo.dat?

The way you do it seems like a lot more trouble than just replacing an older ndsinfo.dat with a newer one.

i do update my ndsinfo.dat....

but that dosnt change the fact that the scdsone saves every save to 512kb (4mb)

im just giving the option to put the right size save on your memory card so you dont have to use the 512kb (4MB) save made by the scdsone

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yeah I'm also a little un-clear what the .dat file is for, maybe it's only used with clean save mode, which i never use.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yeah I'm also a little un-clear what the .dat file is for,

the ndsinfo.dat tells the scdsone 4 things on each rom

1. english/chinese names
2. release number
3. header id (YILJ)
4. save size (not used anymore) cause all saves save to 512kb (4mb)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
helpme said:
QUOTE said:
Yeah I'm also a little un-clear what the .dat file is for,

the ndsinfo.dat tells the scdsone 4 things on each rom

1. english/chinese names
2. release number
3. header id (YILJ)
4. save size (not used anymore) cause all saves save to 512kb (4mb)

Also, the knowing the release number tells the SCDS1 what cheat file to use.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: