Saving game with Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Samwix, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Samwix
    OP

Samwix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

If I save my progression on the game then I press the Power button and "Power Off", will my game be saved?

Thanks

2. marhalloweenvt

marhalloweenvt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2014
    Wait until Saved progression is done, you can press the Power button. I have done it for most of time with Monster Hunter 4U.
    Someone reported that if you press the Power button right afther save progression was done, your save would be lost. It never happens to me.
    Use it at your own risk :gba:

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Yes. So long as the game is powered off normally, whether by hitting home or the power button, your progress has been saved.

4. ceevee

ceevee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2006
    United States
    If I lose battery and the 3DS dies, is the save lost?

5. bunny5390

bunny5390 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2011
    Canada
    the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
    Progress, likely; the save itself, not sure. I had a freeze once and lost a few hours of progress, but the save didn't get corrupted or anything, although that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. Make dure to do freaquent periodic backups of your saves.

As for the power button, I believe it's best to wait a little bit after first pressing the power button, just in case, before clicking "power off".

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Realistically, the save would only be lost/corrupted if the 3DS lost power in the narrow window immediately after hitting Home/Power when the save is being written.

bunny5390 likes this.
  7. bunny5390

bunny5390 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2011
    Canada
    the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions

Or less narrow if you have a slow SD card.