Hacking Saving game with Gateway

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

If I save my progression on the game then I press the Power button and "Power Off", will my game be saved?

Thanks

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait until Saved progression is done, you can press the Power button. I have done it for most of time with Monster Hunter 4U.
Someone reported that if you press the Power button right afther save progression was done, your save would be lost. It never happens to me.
Use it at your own risk :gba:

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
If I lose battery and the 3DS dies, is the save lost?

Progress, likely; the save itself, not sure. I had a freeze once and lost a few hours of progress, but the save didn't get corrupted or anything, although that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. Make dure to do freaquent periodic backups of your saves.

As for the power button, I believe it's best to wait a little bit after first pressing the power button, just in case, before clicking "power off".

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I lose battery and the 3DS dies, is the save lost?

Progress, likely; the save itself, not sure. I had a freeze once and lost a few hours of progress, but the save didn't get corrupted or anything, although that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. Make dure to do freaquent periodic backups of your saves.

As for the power button, I believe it's best to wait a little bit after first pressing the power button, just in case, before clicking "power off".

Realistically, the save would only be lost/corrupted if the 3DS lost power in the narrow window immediately after hitting Home/Power when the save is being written.

Reactions: bunny5390

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s