Saves

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by XFelixX, Mar 28, 2010.

Mar 28, 2010

Saves by XFelixX at 8:18 AM (781 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. XFelixX
    OP

Newcomer XFelixX Member

United States
    I used to use R4, which uses a set *.sav file size of 512kb. And for Big games like pokemon, when the save got to be more than that, it overflowed, corrupted, and sometimes killed every other save on the R4.

The akaio has an option to change the *.sav file's size.

-does this option change the file size?

-do you have to set the file size to the right one? IE if the size is already 512kb, do i have to change the set size to 512kb?

-if your save becomes bigger than the set size, does the set size automatically become bigger?

Thanks for any help!

2. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    1. I believe on ak2/i if save size set is 512kb or less then the .sav used is always 512kb. If its set to size larger than 512kb the .sav size is adjusted accordingly.
    (The RPG is slightly different, if the save is smaller than 512kb then that size is used).

2. Setting the .sav size correctly is important.

3. If the size set doesn't fit the save thats being created by a rom, then that can result in save file corruption. (see answer 2.)

Hope this helps.

3. XFelixX
    OP

Newcomer XFelixX Member

United States
    I've noticed that some games (that i haven't even played) have saves with different sizes. are the saves already set to what they need to be?

4. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    There was a post not that long ago that mentioned something regarding .SAV and .sav files (uppercase vs. lowercase). For the life of me I can't find that, can someone please link me to it? I need to know because when my XL arrives tomorrow - I will be transferring all of my files over from my EDGE card to the AK2i with AKAIO, and all of the EDGE files are lowercase .sav.

Also, from what kineticUK said... it sounds like it's best to just set everything ABOVE 512 because it will then just adjust it correctly anyway? Is that correct?

5. XFelixX
    OP

Newcomer XFelixX Member

United States
    I'm thinking it's probably best to just set it to unknown/auto.