• No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Got some time for testing R69 today, HOLLY SHIT! I think we have a winner!

Aside from a few crashes while testing with my "savegames" folder (which is to be expected) everything I've tested yet worked just fine, I'll try to do some more testing and report any bugs I come across but I'm glad to say that this is the best build of Save Game Manager GX I've tested in years, I'm really impressed, now if only multiple copies was implemented XD

P.S. about those random crashes with the "savegames" folder, I figured it could be because I have a lot of game saves (Wii + WiiWare + VC + recently Gamecube) yet it still loaded just fine (save for a few crashes after copy/delete) so I decided to test it while hiding the icons and I didn't get any random crashes during it, I didn't test for long but it would have crashed a few times by then, I will keep you updated if I come across any bugs, until then keep up the good work @dj_skual and I hope to see multiple copies feature implemented soon, thank you!

Last edited by sonictopfan,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
I hope to see multiple copies feature implemented soon, thank you!

Here a copy of my TODO file...

TODO:
* Add Restore .gci from device to RawCard
* Add RawCard padding (in fonction of initial size, choose between 251, 1019 and 2043 blocks)
* Add All Manage Windows/Features
* Fix AutoUpdate crash
* Add DownloadSaves for GC/RAW/GCI saves (need to wait wiisave.com online)
* fix big sd card detection (more than 32 GB) (need more reports)

IDEA:
* Change DeviceRaw icons
* Add a cloud sync fonction

Hope some people can done reports about the support of 32GB and more SD Cards on Wii and vWii.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the issue with SD cards bigger than 32 GB but I don't know why it happens because it also happens in USB Loader GX and Wii Xplorer but it doesn't happen with the other apps and emulators I have.

btw is wiisave.come returning? I have forgotten all about it because I lost hope years ago that it'll ever return.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I can confirm the issue with SD cards bigger than 32 GB but I don't know why it happens because it also happens in USB Loader GX and Wii Xplorer but it doesn't happen with the other apps and emulators I have.

If this is true, then I guess it is because these 3 apps are all based on the same SD/USB codes and is probably a variable that is being declared too small. If this can be fixed in this apps, then all 3 apps can be fixed.
May be it is as "simple" as compiling with another lib?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is true, then I guess it is because these 3 apps are all based on the same SD/USB codes and is probably a variable that is being declared too small. If this can be fixed in this apps, then all 3 apps can be fixed.
May be it is as "simple" as compiling with another lib?
@GreyWolf and I had this conversation a few months ago, he thought it's probably due to the devKit being outdated so he compiled Wii Xplorer using the newest devKit but it didn't fix the problem, as I mentioned though only a handful of apps don't work for me with the 64GB SD card, the main three are the most important apps I use (next to Nintendont) which are USBLoader GX, WiiXplorer, and this, SaveGame Manager GX, and I have a buttload of apps and emulators installed on my SD card.

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to use my emunand save games with Dolphin emulator (specifically Mario Kart, and then others). The emulator has a tools/import saved games menu but it seems to recognize only data.bin files.

I used savegame manager GX beta r69 and I can get data.bin files from my real wii nand, which is an advance compare with the wii's original save game function that allows me to save some games but it didn't allow me to save Mario Kart. I'm using the menu "compress" (btw, may be it was already at r127, but I didn't see it).

However, when I want to download my emunand save games, there is no "compress" menu, just extract, install or delete. And with the extract menu I get the savegame file uncompressed (i.e. several files, no data.bin one). I know that the directory names (524d4345) is the hex form of the 4 first letters of the title (i.e. RMCE in case of Mario Kart). But I can't file a way to compress the files into a data.bin one.

After lots of hours of Google research, I still can get it. So the questions are:

1) Is there a way to download a data.bin file with an emunand save game?

2) If not, is there any tool (I'm a Windows 10 user) that I could use so as to compress the uncompressed save games?

Last but not least (and I'm sorry if this is off-topic). I believe that I've just found a solution. 2:30AM local time, I'm going to futher investigate tomorrow. I've done this. I noticed that Dolphin storages the savegames at wii/title/00010004 while the emunand storages them at wii/title/00010000 (the wii portion of the route is pure Dolphin stuff). Because I'm using my emunand at Dolphin, I copied and replaced the 2 directories (content and data) from wii/title/00010000/524d4345 to wii/title/00010004/524d4345, but that didn't work.

But then, I went to the savegame manager gx save from my wii's emunand at my SD, and copied and replaced the files stored at 0001000524d4345 to wii/title/00010004/524d4345/data and it worked!! Now my kid can play at Dolphin the same Mario Kart levels he had achieved at the emunand!!

Funny though, all the files at the original save in Dolphin, the ones from my emunand and the ones from the savegame manager gx save looked equal at Windows explorer (i.e. same size). I haven't checked their CRC but it's highly likely that they would be different (at least the data contained is).

3) I wonder if there is an easier or more practical solution to handle this.

And also, a last question, 4) are the files stored at the emunand title/00010000/524d4345 different thatn the ones that I get through savegame manager gx at my SD under the 0001000524d4345 subdir? I'd assume that they are different, but I just wanted to double-check.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm so excited that I got it work :) :) I apologyze my English, too. It's too late at night for a non-native speaker like me.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
@Gilligan
if you explore your emunand path with a browser or with the sgmgx device browser, you find your saves to emunand_path/title/00010000/524d4345.
the file extracted from the emunand or the wii are stored to your_savegame_path/00010000524d4345.
if you extract from the NAND or the emunand and don't play the game, files are the sames... if you play, the NAND or emunand saves are modified, and the save extracted with sgmgx are not the same than the one in nand or emunand.

there are a setting to enable the EmuNand support in sgmgx, then, set an emunand path, then just select your emunand in the device menu (sd/usb/wii/mii/ewii/emii/gca/gcb/rawa/rawb).

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just took the step of moving all my Wii things to my Wii U's vWii and while SaveGame Manager GX did a great job most of the time, I am facing a weird problem right now:

I have a PAL Wii U but used to play the NTSC copy of Smash Bros. Brawl on my Wii. So I backed up the games save with SGM GX and all went fine so far. But whenever I try to restore said save to the vWii via SGM GX the console throws me back into the vWii's menu, not even showing an error or a throwing a dsi exception. And before you ask, yes, I started the game once beforehand and let it create a save. Got no error message during that either. I know that brawl has some kind of copy protection. Could this be the problem? If so, is there any workaround? Is it maybe as simple as disabling copy protection on the Wii via priiloader? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Edit:
Nevermind, I just found a solution I can live with. Since I'm starting Smash Bros. Brawl from USB Loader GX anyway, I just enabled partial nand emulation to load the save from emunand instead of the vWii's own nand. Then I used SGM GX to copy the Brawl save from my wii to emunand and everything works fine now. Thanks for developing and offering such a useful tool.

Last edited by LinkFan16,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
So I just took the step of moving all my Wii things to my Wii U's vWii and while SaveGame Manager GX did a great job most of the time, I am facing a weird problem right now:

I have a PAL Wii U but used to play the NTSC copy of Smash Bros. Brawl on my Wii. So I backed up the games save with SGM GX and all went fine so far. But whenever I try to restore said save to the vWii via SGM GX the console throws me back into the vWii's menu, not even showing an error or a throwing a dsi exception. And before you ask, yes, I started the game once beforehand and let it create a save. Got no error message during that either. I know that brawl has some kind of copy protection. Could this be the problem? If so, is there any workaround? Is it maybe as simple as disabling copy protection on the Wii via priiloader? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Edit:
Nevermind, I just found a solution I can live with. Since I'm starting Smash Bros. Brawl from USB Loader GX anyway, I just enabled partial nand emulation to load the save from emunand instead of the vWii's own nand. Then I used SGM GX to copy the Brawl save from my wii to emunand and everything works fine now. Thanks for developing and offering such a useful tool.
ok, i think Something you can test to try to copy the save in real Nand...
try to compress the save as a data.bin, then just manage the save with the official wii save manager...
please, report your result

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, i think Something you can test to try to copy the save in real Nand...
try to compress the save as a data.bin, then just manage the save with the official wii save manager...
please, report your result

Well, I tried doing that, but during compressing the NTSC region Smash Bros. Brawl save into a data.bin with SGM GX on my PAL Wii, I was kicked back to the system menu as well. While the problem is solved with a workaround for me, I will still do some more tests that may help improve SGM GX. Is SGM GX capable of writing a debug log to the SD Card or USB drive? If so and if you need that debug log from me, just ask and I will gladly provide that. Now off to testing some more. Will report my results later.

Edit: So I just started running first tests on my original Wii. Unless otherwise stated, every test was run involving the NTSC region save from the original Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Long post ahead:

Test 1: Copying / Restoring the save to / from the SD Card via Datamanagement on the original Wii. Copy protection has been disabled via Priiloader.
Results:
- Save copied successfully to the SD Card.
- Restore to original Wii also successfull.

Other oddities that occured during this test:
I used to play Project M and had a Brawl save with a different ID (KSBE instead of RSBE) along side my normal Brawl save, which magically vanished from my wii as I was testing this... did not happen the last time I entered Datamanagement, weird... Save is gone in SGM GX as well. Luckily I backed it up before it vanished, so all good.

Test 2: Compressing the save (PAL and NTSC region) with SGM GX on original Wii:
Result:
- Shortly after the compression is started, I get kicked back to the wii menu and compression fails.
- Same result on PAL and NTSC region save of the game.

Test 3: Restoring the save (data.bin) copied via Datamangement on original Wii with SGM GX.
Results:
- Does not work. SGM GX kicks back to the wii menu upon accessing the folder with the data.bin.
- Same result regardeless of switching "Priiloader override" on or off in SGM GX settings.

Test 4: Copying / Restoring the extracted save with SGM GX on the original Wii.
Results:
- Copying works fine for both regions (PAL and NTSC)
- Restoring the PAL save with priiloader override set to off gives the error message "unable to copy datas"
- Restoring the PAL save with priiloader override set to on kicks me back to the homebrew channel
- Restoring the NTSC save with priiloader override set to off once gave the error message "unable to copy datas"
- On the second try, priiloader override sill set to off, it kicked me back to the homebrew channel
- Same result with priiloader override set to on. I could even reproduce it, tried several times.

The last result of Test #4 seems odd to me as well. Why did I get an error the first time, while I was kicked back to the HBC the second time? I have no idea, since I did nothing different on the second try comparing to the first try. For now, this concludes my testing on the Wii. Will test things on vWii later. Don't know if all of this is even helpfull to you, but I hope so. If you need more info or want me to test something else, just ask. I can also provide the saves from my wii if you want to investigate them.

Edit 2:
I just found another solution here. Using R125 of SaveGame Manager GX (found here) I managed to successfully copy my PAL and NTSC region Brawl saves from my Wii to my Wii U. To make it work first backup the save using the "Extract" option (the "Compress" option will crash), and then simply "Install" the save on the other console.

Last edited by LinkFan16,
Reactions: dj_skual

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@dj_skual

Thanks for your reply. Real life work caught me and I left this unattended.

In addition, my kids requested only to bring back the Mario Kart saves because they were happy to play the games from scratch!

Nevertheless, I'll take a look at this in the near future. I'll probably receive a new request from my "audience" soon.

Reactions: gamecaptor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody?