XP
Country
United States
My equipment
  • My DS Lite
  • Acekard 2, running AKAIO 1.5.1
  • SanDisk 4GB Micro SD Card
  • EZ Flash 3-in-1
My problem is that my gba save files do not load. For example, if I play Leaf Green, and play to the point where I beat Brock, and then save and shut down the DS, when I start it up again, it fails to read the save file. I am not the best with technology, so this is probably due to a stupid mistake on my part, but I really want to get GBA games running.

Also, is there any way of transferring GBA save files from the computer to the DS and have them play there? I use VisualBoyAdvance on my computer, but haven't tried to copy save files over, due to the problem that already existed with opening save files. Thank you in advance for your help, and if you need more information than I posted here, just ask.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
This bug only occurs when you have AKAIO with default configs.

You got 2 choices:

A. Revert to the Official firmware to use gba exploader correctly.
B. Spend the time to config AKAIO to get it working.

You will need to use the AKAIO wiki to config your settings.

C. or you can try the built in gba loader.

Do you even know that the AKAIO has a build in gba loader, where you run gba games straight from the DS menu screens.

mjs99995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know that about AKAIO, but my main reason for getting the 3-in-1 was to use Pal Park between Pokemon games. So I guess I want to use option B. Thanks.
smile.gif

Edit: Okay, I'm having trouble setting it up. I can get the file to transfer to the EZ 3-in-1, but it still won't load save files. Is there a format that the gba saves have to be in in order to be read?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you gonna use it only for migration, I suggest you use the official firmware for this occation THEN revert back to AKAIO when your done. Otherwise your going to be wasting ALOT of time.

Option B is really for people who just want to keep on playing gba pokemon, not a one time use of pal park to move pokemon.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can't open a save file? are you serious?

If you mean your DS rom isn't detecting the 3in1. You most likely didn't use the pokepatch on the DS game.

GO HERE TO GET IT:
http://nds.cmamod.com/

Before you ask another question about getting palpark working, you better read this, MOSTLY ALL OF IT. Since nearly ALL questions have most likely been answered for nearly every slot1.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141663

That falls under the NDS Rom Hacking section:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=41

mjs99995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its not a question about Pal Park. No matter how I open a GBA game, whether with the AKAIO or the 3-in-1, if I save, shut the DS off, and turn it back on, the save file does not load. DS games work fine, it has nothing to do with pal park, I just can't get the gba save to load. So is there a format for that?

mjs99995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No… wtf? I didn't. I used completely different roms, and I had already done it with AKAIO before I posted here. My only question at this point is: Is there a file save format that I need to use?

mjs99995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then is there any setting that I need to change in order to make any gba save file load? Because so far, no matter how I open them, they refuse to load. For Leaf Green, it will immediately bring up the controls screen; for Super Mario Bros 3 it will say "Reading… save file corrupted." That sort of thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade