Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

falaschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi Gbatempers!!! I have the mario kart's and smash bros online working right! Thanks for your work, Its AMAZING! Ok, the question that i have is: How can we make work the Bomberman blast (wiiware) and tetris party online??? How can we patch it for the new servers? Sorry for my bad english, and thanks in advance!

Lemzy101

just likes playing around with homebrew.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Follow one of the guides on the site and start recording network packets from the game. Third party games like GoldenEye will take more work to reverse engineer, since they aren't using Nintendo servers outside of the verification one. Getting a couple from Dolphin so we get encrypted packets would help too.

I've tested COD: Black Ops today and there are no network errors and loads of people are online. Maybe Activision games use thier own servers/ don't use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Lemzy101

just likes playing around with homebrew.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Hi Gbatempers!!! I have the mario kart's and smash bros online working right! Thanks for your work, Its AMAZING! Ok, the question that i have is: How can we make work the Bomberman blast (wiiware) and tetris party online??? How can we patch it for the new servers? Sorry for my bad english, and thanks in advance!

I haven't seen any method to patch wiiware(wads) for the wifi yet.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a tetris game this is not wiiware. also has anyone tested these games yet?

Yu-gi-oh Duel transfer
WE love golf
smack down vs raw 09
monster hunter tri
fortune street
naruto clash of ninja 3
monster lab
castlevania judgement
final fanstay fables chobob's dugeon
raving rabbids travel in time
james bond 007 quatom of sorace
vitural tennis 4
call of duty morden war fare 3
mario stirkers charged
deca sports 2
conduit 2
deca sports 3
nights journy of dreams
sonic and sega all stars racing
mario sports mix
dragon ball z BT3
nitro bike
tetris party deluxe

alot of these games are wiimote and nunchuck. so here's the games i'm going get packets it for.

castlevania judgemnet
final fanstay fable chobo's dugeon
track mania
nights joureny of dreams
DBZ BT3
Tetris Party deluex
naruto clash of ninja 3

Reactions: daicon

Asfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only wii games I was able to do were Mega Man 10 and Yugioh Duel Transer. Wanted to get Pokemon Battle Revolution and My Pokemon Ranch but dolphin kept failing me.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested COD: Black Ops today and there are no network errors and loads of people are online. Maybe Activision games use thier own servers/ don't use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Nope as I posted earlier, they use the GameSpy servers, but apparently used a little different connection method and are still reachable, but only until the end of the month. And perhaps until the end of June (I had one source that Gamespy extended the date for developers that were switching servers but I haven't found any further confirmation.

DJPlace Monsterhunter Tri did use their own servers and they were shut down last year. However there is a project to recreate the servers. I don't have the link offhand but check the Monster Hunter Tri thread in the forum. I know Conduit still works so I suspect Conduit 2 does as well. Tetris Party Deluxe wifi is not working, I tried that earlier today. The others I don't know about.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried naruto COTNR 3 i keep getting this error code on dolphin

are the packets good for that or no?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the other Naruto game thats online? not Revolution 3 but Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special? Any chance of that game working online for this?

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Monster Hunter Tri Private Server (WORK IN PROGRESS) :
http://sufami.org/
http://sufami.forumprofi.de/main-di...-faq-read-this-before-asking-any-que-t22.html

The server is about 25% complete. Also, if anyone wants to connect with me, I'll be glad to do so. Since I can't use WireShark.
And DJPlace, I can connect Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 with you, if you would. PM me if you want to do Friend Battles (which is also needed)

For the error code in Dolphin :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-impossible-to-play-online-err-20115

I'll check which games that have their online features disabled right now.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the other Naruto game thats online? not Revolution 3 but Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special? Any chance of that game working online for this?

use to have that game... i would have to find it and my puyo puyo games... 7 and 20th...

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter Tri Private Server (WORK IN PROGRESS) : http://sufami.org/ http://sufami.forumprofi.de/main-di...-faq-read-this-before-asking-any-que-t22.html The server is about 25% complete. Also, if anyone wants to connect with me, I'll be glad to do so. Since I can't use WireShark. And DJPlace, I can connect Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 with you, if you would. PM me if you want to do Friend Battles (which is also needed)

i keep getting an error code and i'm using dolphin so i'm not sure...

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have tested several games. Keep in mind I'm currently testing them, this will be updated as I test every games.
Here are the current list of working/not working online games in Wii, without using custom servers :
NOTE : Disabled online games have the error code : 20110

Still Working :
Call of Duty : World At War (And possibly other CoD games as well)
Castlevania Judgement
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon (CAPTURED)
Goldeneye 007 (CAPTURED)
Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns : Rage of the Machines (Leaderboards only game)
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Rayman Raving Rabbids : TV Party
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Leaderboards only game)
Raving Rabbids : Travel in Time
Tatsunoko VS. Capcom - Ultimate All Stars
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Leaderboards only game)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Duel Transer

Not Working :
Animal Crossing : City Folk
Conduit 2
Dr. Mario Online RX
Mario Kart Wii (Captured)
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin and Punishment 2 : Star Successor
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tetris Party Deluxe
The Last Story
Virtua Tennis 4
Wii Chess
Wii Music

NOTE : Needless to say, first party Wii Games' online features are disabled.

Unsure :
Big Brain Academy : Wii Degree
WiiWare Games

You can still save the working games, but keep in mind it might be shut down soon.
As said in Chocobo's Dungeon official Nintendo page, the WFC has been disabled since the 20th May, but I managed to connect it to WFC and quickly captured it with barronwaffles, lol.

Also, my speculation is Ubisoft, Konami, Bandai Namco, Activision, EA, and Capcom are using their own servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!