Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

graphene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS, with an r4i flashcart from http://www.r4isdhc.com/

Also, I sometimes get a message without an error code saying that I have been disconnected.

52100 is usually a local error involving your access point/router settings. Make sure that the security key for your network is entered properly on your DS. Also make sure that, in your connection settings on the DS system, "Auto-obtain IP address" is set to "yes" unless your network uses static local IPs. This resource is an oldie but a goodie for helping troubleshoot that one. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52100&system=DS&locale=en_US

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this is automated it's probably better to do a very short day/12day cycle instead of a month/year one. Even if someone misses out on what they want it'd still be back in 12 days. I'd suggest hourly but between work and sleep I can 12 hour mirroring still being unavailable for some people.

I can agree with doing a weekly rotation. I would suggest making the pure novelty ones (like the shiny cats) less frequent if we go that way. Remember that the original events were done very slowly and were usually up for about a month with lots of time in between. Speeding through them seems more like cheating to me.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I can agree with doing a weekly rotation. I would suggest making the pure novelty ones (like the shiny cats) less frequent if we go that way. Remember that the original events were done very slowly and were usually up for about a month with lots of time in between. Speeding through them seems more like cheating to me.

If we start changing the various order of events, the point will go away which is to mirror the original schedule in order to make Pokemon legitimate.

matt123337

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it appears the test server is getting a small scale DDoS attack, so it's offline for now till it blows over.

Edit: test server is back up, have fun guys.

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we start changing the various order of events, the point will go away which is to mirror the original schedule in order to make Pokemon legitimate.

It's a really strange problem since we're discussing one form of cheating vs another. In a strict sense, the events are over. If you didn't get them, too bad. But since some (most) of them activate ingame features, it's really better that they be made available somehow. And we all want to complete our Pokédexes. :P

Mimicking the original order doesn't make them "more legitimate." My schedule broke with original order lots of times in order to provide similar events to different games at the same time. The only reason I thought we should have a schedule is to make it look less blatantly like cheating, and instead instil some sense of fairness even though it's still technically cheating.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a really strange problem since we're discussing one form of cheating vs another. In a strict sense, the events are over. If you didn't get them, too bad. But since some (most) of them activate ingame features, it's really better that they be made available somehow. And we all want to complete our Pokédexes. :P

Mimicking the original order doesn't make them "more legitimate." My schedule broke with original order lots of times in order to provide similar events to different games at the same time. The only reason I thought we should have a schedule is to make it look less blatantly like cheating, and instead instil some sense of fairness even though it's still technically cheating.
Lol, it's still cheating, but not as cheaty. :P
Though since fake GTS services don't work anymore thanks to the shutdown, it's nice to get these events. Just so we can do all those cool in-game cutscenes like I wasn't able to before because I forgot to go to the goddamn gamestop. :P

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could patch the URLs in the ROM, but a DNS redirect is much easier to make automatic patches for. Plus it's easy to switch to a different server that way.

Is it possible to use your custom server with original catridges?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Fresh untouched MKDS ROM patched with WfcPatcher 1.2, and checked the checksums to make sure it did indeed output a different file. Deleted wifi profile and recreated it the same, only changing the DNS, getting 52200 error. I then tried to connect to Google via the Opera Browser to make sure I didn't mess up the network settings overall and it worked. And then I went back into MKDS and now I'm getting 60000 error.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have not seen anybody test it yet but http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/ should also be an option if you have a flash cart. Granted that will not work on the DSi or 3ds but it is an option.

That seems really nice, but I don't have a DS, not anymore,
I always play on 3DS, so I think only Action Replay would work for me.
I have an R4i Gold, not sure if it may help.

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Though since fake GTS services don't work anymore thanks to the shutdown

You can actually still use them if you set up your own DNS. Pokécheck seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully they're not ditching all their GenIV/V support, since there's still lots of nice Pokémon and battle videos on their servers.

graphene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually still use them if you set up your own DNS. Pokécheck seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully they're not ditching all their GenIV/V support, since there's still lots of nice Pokémon and battle videos on their servers.

Can you explain a little more about how to do that?

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your router supports adding DNS override entries, add one for gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net and set the IP to the fake GTS's IP. (It's probably the same as their DNS but not necessarily.) Then configure your DNS to use altwfc as usual.

If not, do a Google search for "how to set up a dns server." Instructions vary with the OS. You should be able to set altwfc as a DNS forwarder and add an entry for the fake GTS.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I know that this is mostly a nintendo ds project but i also saw that it also works for some wii games. i wanted to know how do you put the wii-nossl-ocarina text file in usb loader so that games will read them and will only 1 wii-nossl-ocarina file work or do you have to have multiple wii-nossl-ocarina files, 1 for each game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...